Abenomics and Asset Prices: Is It Case of Self-Fulfilling Expectations?
Asset prices have responded in a surprising way to the announcement of a policy package in late 2012 by Shinzo Abe, then the President of the LDP.The package (henceforth, Abenomics) has placed a central focus on aggressive monetary easing. The yen has weakened by about 20% against the dollar since then. Japanâ€™s stock market has gone up by about 30%. I offer a tentative evaluation of Abenomics in the light of the experience with non-conventional monetary policy (NCM) by major central banks including the Bank of Japan (BOJ).
|Date of creation:||Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.carf.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cúrdia, Vasco & Woodford, Michael, 2011.
"The central-bank balance sheet as an instrument of monetarypolicy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 54-79, January.
- Michael Woodford & Vasco Curdia, 2010. "The Central Bank's Balance Sheet as an Instrument of Monetary Policy," 2010 Meeting Papers 136, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Vasco Cúrdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "The central-bank balance sheet as an instrument of monetary policy," Staff Reports 463, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "The Central-Bank Balance Sheet as an Instrument of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 16208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:clu:wpaper:0910-16 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfi:fseres:cf310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.