Income Inequality and Oligarchs in Russian Regions: A Note
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Gundacker, Lidwina, 2017. "Income inequality and oligarchs in Russian regions: A note," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 196-207.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996.
"Income distribution, political instability, and investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1203-1228, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1993. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 4486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2008. "Oligarchic Versus Democratic Societies," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-44, March.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2004.
"After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 753-763, June.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the emergence of the rule of law in post-communist societies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2934, The World Bank.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies," NBER Working Papers 9282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oded Galor (ed.), 2009. "Inequality and Economic Development: The Modern Perspective," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12993.
- Vicente Royuela & Paolo Veneri & Raul Ramos, 2014. "Income Inequality, Urban Size and Economic Growth in OECD Regions," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2014/10, OECD Publishing.
- Charles T. Haworth & James E. Long & David W. Rasmussen, 1978. "Income Distribution, City Size, and Urban Growth," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 15(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Robinson, James A., 2010. "Are factor endowments fate?," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 45-82, March.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergei Guriev & Andrei Rachinsky, 2005. "The Role of Oligarchs in Russian Capitalism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 131-150, Winter.
- World Bank, 2015. "World Development Indicators 2015," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21634.
- Saul Estrin & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2009.
"The Effects of Privatization and Ownership in Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(3), pages 699-728, September.
- Estrin, Saul & Hanousek, Jan & Kocenda, Evzen & Svejnar, Jan, 2009. "Effects of privatization and ownership in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4811, The World Bank.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1998.
"Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1055-1089.
- Acemoglu, D., 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," Working papers 97-14, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 1707, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- H. Lehmann & M. G. Silvagni, 2013.
"Is There Convergence of Russia’s Regions? Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995 – 2010,"
wp901, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Maria Giulia Silvagni, 2013. "Is There Convergence of Russia's Regions?: Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995–2010," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1083, OECD Publishing.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Silvagni, Maria Giulia, 2013. "Is There Convergence of Russia's Regions? Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995–2010," IZA Discussion Papers 7603, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sidorov, Alexey & Alexeyeva, Irina & Shklyarik, Elena, 2000. "The Ethical Environment of Russian Business," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 911-924, October.
- Padma Desai, 2005. "Russian Retrospectives on Reforms from Yeltsin to Putin," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 87-106, Winter.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Grygorenko, Yegor, 2008. "Are oligarchs productive? Theory and evidence," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-42, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:empiri:v:44:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10663-017-9377-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRussia; oligarchs; entrepreneurship; privatization; inequality;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_6449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.