On the Underestimation of the Precautionary Effect in Discounting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Christian Gollier, 2008. "Discounting with fat-tailed economic growth," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 171-186, December.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Gollier, Christian & Weitzman, Martin L., 2010.
"How should the distant future be discounted when discount rates are uncertain?,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 350-353, June.
- Gollier, Christian & Weitzman, Martin L., 2009. "How Should the Distant Future be Discounted When Discount Rates are Uncertain?," IDEI Working Papers 588, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Christian Gollier & Martin L. Weitzman, 2009. "How Should the Distant Future be Discounted when Discount Rates are Uncertain?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2863, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gollier, Christian & Weitzman, Martin L., 2009. "How Should the Distant Future be Discounted When Discount Rates are Uncertain?," TSE Working Papers 09-107, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2002. "Time Horizon and the Discount Rate," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 463-473, December.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33373345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saul Pleeter & John T. Warner, 2001. "The Personal Discount Rate: Evidence from Military Downsizing Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 33-53, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & A. Krüger, Niclas & Mantalos, Panagiotis, 2014.
"Risk-adjusted long-term social rates of discount for transportation infrastructure investment,"
Research in Transportation Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 70-81.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Krüger, Niclas & Mantalos , Panagiotis, 2012. "Risk-adjusted long term social rates of discount for transportation infrastructure investment," Working Papers 2012:14, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Kathrin Goldmann, 2017. "Time-declining risk-adjusted social discount rates for transport infrastructure planning," Working Papers 22, Institute of Transport Economics, University of Muenster.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscount rate; prudence; climate change;
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.