Preservation and Endogenous Uncertain Future Preferences
We extend the Beltratti, Chichilnisky and Heal’s (1993) and (1998) continuoustime stochastic dynamic framework to analyze the optimal depletion of an environmental asset whose consumption is irreversible, in the face of an exogenous uncertainty about future preferences. We introduce an endogenous uncertainty about future preferences. The idea is that the ability of the future generations to change their preferences will depend on the state of the asset. More precisely, we assume that future generations may have a probability to change their preferences all the higher since the stock of the resource becomes low. We describe within this model more clearly the behavior of the central planner facing this type of uncertainty.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
- Alain Le Kama & Katheline Schubert, 2004.
"Growth, Environment and Uncertain Future Preferences,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(1), pages 31-53, May.
- Alain Ayong Le Kama & Katheline Schubert, 2004. "Growth, Environment and Uncertain Future Preferences," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267891, HAL.
- Ayong Le Kama, A. & Schubert, K., 1999. "Growth, Environment and Uncertain Future Preferences," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.52, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1990.
"Intertemporal dependence, impatience, and dynamics,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 45-75, August.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1989. "Intertemporal Dependence, Impatience, and Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 3028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00206326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Le Kama, Alain Ayong & Schubert, Katheline, 2007.
"A Note On The Consequences Of An Endogenous Discounting Depending On The Environmental Quality,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 272-289, April.
- Alain Ayong Le Kama & Katheline Schubert, 2007. "A note on the consequences of an endogenous discounting depending on the environmental quality," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00206326, HAL.
- Maria Cunha-E-Sá & Clara Costa-Duarte, 2000. "Endogenous Future Preferences and Conservation," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(2), pages 253-262, June.
- Alain Ayong Le Kama, 2012.
"Preservation and Endogenous Uncertain Future Preferences,"
1204, Chaire Economie du Climat.
- Alain Ayong Le Kama, 2001. "Preservation and exogenous uncertain future preferences," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 745-752.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Beltratti, Andrea & Heal, Geoffrey, 1998. "Uncertain future preferences and conservation," MPRA Paper 7912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cec:wpaper:1204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Climate Economics Chair)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.