Asymptotic Properties of Some Projection-based Robbins-Monro Procedures in a Hilbert Space
Let H be an infinite-dimentional real separable Hilbert space. Given an unknown mapping M : H (arrow) H that can only be observed with noise, we consider two modified Robbins-Monro procedures to estimate the zero point (theta) (subscript 0) ? H of M. These procedures work in appropriate finite dimensional sub-spaces of growing dimension. Almost-sure convergence, functional central limit theorem (hence asymptotic normality), law of iterated logarithm (hence almost-sure loglog rate of convergence), and mean rate of convergence are obtained for Hilbert space-valued mixingale, (theta)-dependent error processes.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0508|
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shwartz, Adam & Berman, Nadav, 1989. "Abstract stochastic approximations and applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-149, March.
- Chen, Xiaohong & White, Halbert, 1998. "Central Limit And Functional Central Limit Theorems For Hilbert-Valued Dependent Heterogeneous Arrays With Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 260-284, April.
- Crawford, Vincent P, 1995.
"Adaptive Dynamics in Coordination Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 103-43, January.
- Chen, Xiaohong & White, Halbert, 1998. "Nonparametric Adaptive Learning with Feedback," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 190-222, September.
- Chen, Xiaohong & White, Halbert, 1996. "Laws of Large Numbers for Hilbert Space-Valued Mixingales with Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 284-304, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt4z4380t7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.