On the ease of overstating the fiscal stimulus in the US, 2008-9
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Aizenman & Gurnain Kaur Pasricha, 2010. "On the ease of overstating the fiscal stimulus in the US, 2008-9," NBER Working Papers 15784, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Pasricha, Gurnain K., 2010. "On the ease of overstating the fiscal stimulus in the US, 2008-9 ," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3vr12659, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
References listed on IDEAS
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Végh, 2005.
"When It Rains, It Pours: Procyclical Capital Flows and Macroeconomic Policies,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2004, Volume 19, pages 11-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Vegh, Carlos, 2004. "When it rains, it pours: Procyclical capital flows and macroeconomic policies," MPRA Paper 13883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Vegh, 2004. "When it Rains, it Pours: Procyclical Capital Flows and Macroeconomic Policies," NBER Working Papers 10780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1992. "Competitive Externalities and the Optimal Seigniorage," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 61-71, February.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Eichengreen, Barry, 1996. "Federalism, Fiscal Restraints, and European Monetary Union," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 134-138, May.
- Clemente, Jesus & Montanes, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo, 1998. "Testing for a unit root in variables with a double change in the mean," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 175-182, May.
- Carlos de Resende & René Lalonde & Stephen Snudden, 2010. "The Power of Many: Assessing the Economic Impact of the Global Fiscal Stimulus," Discussion Papers 10-1, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aizenman Joshua & Pasricha Gurnain K., 2011.
"The Net Fiscal Expenditure Stimulus in the US, 2008-9: Less than What You Might Think, and Less than the Fiscal Stimuli of Most OECD Countries,"
The Economists' Voice,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-6, June.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Pasricha, Gurnain, 2011. "The Net Fiscal Expenditure Stimulus in the U.S., 2008-9: Less than What You Might Think, and Less than the Fiscal Stimuli of Most OECD Countries," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt9sr9m8wt, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Glenn Follette & Byron Lutz, 2010.
"Fiscal Policy in the United States: Automatic Stabilizers, Discretionary Fiscal Policy Actions, and the Economy,"
Revista de Economía y Estadística,
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(1), pages 41-73, January.
- Glenn Follette & Byron F. Lutz, 2010. "Fiscal policy in the United States: automatic stabilizers, discretionary fiscal policy actions, and the economy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Saeid Mahdavi & Emmanuel Alanis, 2013. "Public expenditures and the unemployment rate in the American states: panel evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(20), pages 2926-2937, July.
- Cristina Arellano & Andrew Atkeson & Mark Wright, 2016.
"External and Public Debt Crises,"
NBER Macroeconomics Annual,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 191-244.
- Cristina Arellano & Andrew Atkeson & Mark Wright, 2015. "External and Public Debt Crises," NBER Working Papers 21456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arellano, Cristina & Atkeson, Andrew & Wright, Mark L. J., 2015. "External and Public Debt Crises," Working Paper Series WP-2015-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Arellano, Cristina & Atkeson, Andrew & Wright, Mark L. J., 2015. "External and Public Debt Crises," Staff Report 515, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McQuinn, Kieran, 2015. "European Fiscal Policy During the Crisis: An Irish Perspective," Research Notes RN2015/3/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- James R. Hines Jr., 2010. "State Fiscal Policies and Transitory Income Fluctuations," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(2 (Fall)), pages 313-350.
- Handler, Heinz, 2013.
"The eurozone: piecemeal approach to an optimum currency area,"
67183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heinz Handler, 2013. "The Eurozone: Piecemeal Approach to an Optimum Currency Area," WIFO Working Papers 446, WIFO.
- Virkola, Tuomo, 2014. "Fiscal Federalism in Four Federal Countries," ETLA Reports 38, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Duffy, David & McQuinn, Kieran & Morley, Ciara, 2015. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Autumn 2015," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20153.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial and Behavioral Sciences; fiscal union; federal fiscal expenditure; fiscal policy; moral hazard;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucscec:qt5rf688t2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecucsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.