A status-enhancement account of overconfidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Don A. & Klein, William M.P., 2008. "Use of absolute and comparative performance feedback in absolute and comparative judgments and decisions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 60-74, September.
- Luís Santos-Pinto & Joel Sobel, 2005. "A Model of Positive Self-Image in Subjective Assessments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1386-1402, December.
- Edwards, Jeffrey R., 1994. "The Study of Congruence in Organizational Behavior Research: Critique and a Proposed Alternative," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 51-100, April.
- Moore, Don A., 2007. "Not so above average after all: When people believe they are worse than average and its implications for theories of bias in social comparison," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 42-58, January.
- Dan Lovallo & Colin Camerer, 1999. "Overconfidence and Excess Entry: An Experimental Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 306-318, March.
- Kennedy, Jessica A. & Anderson, Cameron & Moore, Don A., 2011. "Social Reactions to Overconfidence: Do the Costs of Overconfidence Outweigh the Benefits?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2p7835vm, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kennedy, Jessica A. & Anderson, Cameron & Moore, Don A., 2013. "When overconfidence is revealed to others: Testing the status-enhancement theory of overconfidence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 266-279.
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:93-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kihyun Lee & Yeon Joo Chae & Inyong Shin, 2016. "Motivational antecedents of leader-member exchange differentiation: Evidence from South Korea," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 87-112, March.
- Kilduff, Gavin J. & Anderson, Cameron & Willer, Robb, 2013. "Consensus and Contribution: Shared Status Hierarchies Promote Group Success," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt77q7n684, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Peter Schwardmann & Joël van der Weele, 2016. "Deception and Self-Deception," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-012/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01243584 is not listed on IDEAS
- H Emre Yildiz & Carl F Fey, 2016. "Are the extent and effect of psychic distance perceptions symmetrical in cross-border M&As? Evidence from a two-country study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(7), pages 830-857, September.
- Louis Levy-Garboua & Muniza Askari & Marco Gazel, 2015.
"Confidence Biases and Learning among Intuitive Bayesians,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Muniza Askari & Marco Gazel, 2015. "Confidence Biases and Learning among Intuitive Bayesians," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15080, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Muniza Askari & Marco Gazel, 2015. "Confidence Biases and Learning among Intuitive Bayesians," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01243584, HAL.
- Hügelschäfer, Sabine & Achtziger, Anja, 2014. "On confident men and rational women: It’s all on your mind(set)," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-44.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13772 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Leiva, Pedro I. & Slaughter, Jerel E. & Jackson, Alexander T., 2015. "Too arrogant for their own good? Why and when narcissists dismiss advice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 33-50.
- Sah, Sunita & Moore, Don A. & MacCoun, Robert J., 2013. "Cheap talk and credibility: The consequences of confidence and accuracy on advisor credibility and persuasiveness," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 246-255.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:1:p:1-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2012-03-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-03-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2012-03-28 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:indrel:qt6s5812wf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irucbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.