The Anatomy of Rent Burdens: Immigration, Growth and Rental Housing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Anas, Alex, 2004. "Theories of systems of cities," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 52, pages 2293-2339, Elsevier.
- John Michael Quigley, 1972. "An Economic Model of Swedish Emigration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(1), pages 111-126.
- Borjas, George J & Freeman, Richard B & Katz, Lawrence, 1996.
"Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 246-251, May.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1996. "Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 5454, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert Saiz, 2003. "Room in the Kitchen for the Melting Pot: Immigration and Rental Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 502-521, August.
- John M. Quigley & Steven Raphael, 2004.
"Is Housing Unaffordable? Why Isn't It More Affordable?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 191-214, Winter.
- Quigley, John M. & Raphael, Steven, 2004. "Is Housing Unaffordable? Why Isn't It More Affordable?," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt1vp9j3k0, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul & Mori, Tomoya, 1999. "On the evolution of hierarchical urban systems1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 209-251, February.
- Randall Filer, 1992. "The Effect of Immigrant Arrivals on Migratory Patterns of Native Workers," NBER Chapters, in: Immigration and the Work Force: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas, pages 245-270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Libertad Gonzalez & Francesc Ortega, 2013.
"Immigration And Housing Booms: Evidence From Spain,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Libertad Gonzalez & Francesc Ortega, 2009. "Immigration and Housing Booms: Evidence from Spain," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0919, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Gonzalez, Libertad & Ortega, Francesc, 2009. "Immigration and Housing Booms: Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 4333, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Libertad González Luna & Francesc Ortega, 2009. "Immigration and housing booms: Evidence from Spain," Economics Working Papers 1167, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Quigley, John M. & Rosenthal, Larry A., 2005. "The Effects of Land-Use Regulation on the Price of Housing: What Do We Know? What Can We Learn?," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt90m9g90w, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Fischer, Andreas M., 2012. "Immigrant language barriers and house prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 389-395.
- Matlack, Janna L. & Vigdor, Jacob L., 2008.
"Do rising tides lift all prices? Income inequality and housing affordability,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 212-224, September.
- Janna L. Matlack & Jacob L. Vigdor, 2006. "Do Rising Tides Lift All Prices? Income Inequality and Housing Affordability," NBER Working Papers 12331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:sjecst:v:153:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_bf03399433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Stillman & David C. Maré, 2008.
"Housing Markets and Migration: Evidence from New Zealand,"
08_06, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Dean Hyslop & Trinh Le & David C. Maré & Steven Stillman, 2019. "Housing markets and migration – Evidence from New Zealand," Working Papers 19_14, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Kathrin Degen & Andreas M. Fischer, 2017.
"Immigration and Swiss House Prices,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics,
Springer;Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics, vol. 153(1), pages 15-36, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial and Behavioral Sciences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:bphupl:qt63t3t356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibbrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.