Determinants of Internal Migration among Senegalese Youth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Catalina Herrera & David Sahn, 2013. "Determinants of Internal Migration among Senegalese Youth," Working Papers halshs-00826995, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2007. "The Economic Lives of the Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 141-168, Winter.
- Pessino, Carola, 1991. "Sequential migration theory and evidence from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-87, July.
- Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-24, September.
- David Mckenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Network Effects and the Dynamics of Migration and Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2004-3, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Abramitzky, Ran & Boustan, Leah Platt & Eriksson, Katherine, 2013.
"Have the poor always been less likely to migrate? Evidence from inheritance practices during the age of mass migration,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 2-14.
- Ran Abramitzky & Leah Platt Boustan & Katherine Eriksson, 2012. "Have the Poor Always Been Less Likely to Migrate? Evidence From Inheritance Practices During the Age of Mass Migration," NBER Working Papers 18298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 1998.
"On the Road: Marriage and Mobility in Malaysia,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(4), pages 805-832.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2004. "On the Road: Marriage and Mobility in Malaysia," Labor and Demography 0403020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2004. "On the Road: Marriage and Mobility in Malaysia," Labor and Demography 0403019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Giles & Ren Mu, 2007. "Elderly parent health and the migration decisions of adult children: Evidence from rural China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(2), pages 265-288, May.
- Oded Stark, 1991. "The Migration of Labor," Blackwell Books, Wiley Blackwell, number 1557860300, July.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008. "Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabelle Chort & Philippe De Vreyer & Thomas Zuber, 2017.
"Gendered internal migration patterns in Senegal,"
DT/2017/02, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Isabelle Chort & Philippe de Vreyer & Thomas Zuber, 2018. "Enduring Gendered Mobility Patterns in Contemporary Senegal," Working Papers hal-02141053, HAL.
- Isabelle CHORT & Philippe DE VREYER & Thomas ZUBER, 2018. "Enduring Gendered Mobility Patterns in Contemporary Senegal," Working Papers 2018-2019_1, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Oct 2018.
- Sveta MILUSHEVA & Elisabeth zu ERBACH-SCHOENBERG & Linus BENGTSSON & Erik WETTER & Andy TATEM, 2018. "Understanding the Relationship between Short and Long Term Mobility," Working Paper 3377c250-d046-4340-947c-1, Agence française de développement.
More about this item
KeywordsInternal migration; Senegal; Youth; Multinomial logit;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-06-04 (Africa)
- NEP-MIG-2013-06-04 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2013-06-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdi:wpaper:1433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceauvfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.