A Clean Canada in a Dirty World: The Cost of Climate-Related Border Measures
As the federal government weighs policy options for reducing greenhouse gases, the question arises as to how to treat imported goods from countries with less stringent emission targets. One policy option is to impose a “carbon tariff” on imported goods from those countries.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published on the C.D. Howe Institute website, December 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 67 Yonge St., Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1J8|
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Steve Charnovitz & Jisun Kim, 2009. "Global Warming and the World Trading System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4280, January.
- Roland Ismer & Karsten Neuhoff, 2007. "Border tax adjustment: a feasible way to support stringent emission trading," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 137-164, October.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Carol Gabyzon, 1996.
"Fundamental Tax Reform and Border Tax Adjustments,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa43, January.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Carol Gabyzon, 1996. "Fundamental Tax Reform and Border Tax Adjustments," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa43, February.
- Chris Bataille & Benjamin Dachis & Nic Rivers, 2009. "Pricing Greenhouse Gas Emissions: The Impact on Canada's Competitiveness," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 280, February.
- Meera Fickling & Jeffrey J. Schott, 2011. "NAFTA and Climate Change," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4365, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Fox, Alan K., 2009. "Comparing Policies to Combat Emissions Leakage: Border Tax Adjustments versus Rebates," Discussion Papers dp-09-02, Resources For the Future.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:ebrief:90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.