Scrambled Signals: Canadian Content Policies in a World of Technological Abundance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Laurin & William B.P. Robson, 2009. "Supersized Superannuation: The Startling Fair-Value Cost of Federal Government Pensions," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 122, December.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2009. "Quebec's Green Future: The Lowest-Cost Route to Green Gas Reductions," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 118, October.
- C. Leigh Anderson & Gene Swimmer & Wing Suen, 1997. "An empirical analysis of viewer demand for U.S. programming and the effect of Canadian broadcasting regulations," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 525-540.
- Frederick Pinto, 2004. "Review: Blockbusters and Trade Wars: Popular Culture in a Globalized World," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 922-928, December.
- Brooks, Arthur C, 2001. "Who Opposes Government Arts Funding?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 108(3-4), pages 355-367, September.
- Jean Boivin, 2009. "Getting it Right When You Might Be Wrong: The Choice Between Price-Level and Inflation Targeting," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 297, September.
- Bev Dahlby, 2009. "Once on the Lips, Forever on the Hips: A Benefit-Cost Analysis of Fiscal Stimulus in OECD Countries," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 121, December.
- Colin Busby & William B.P. Robson & Pierre-Marcel Desjardins, 2009. "Stress Test: Demographic Pressures and Policy Options in Atlantic Canada," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 120, November.
- Blaug, Mark, 2001. " Where Are We Now on Cultural Economics?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 123-143, April.
- Colin Busby, 2010. "Supporting Employees who Deploy: The Case for Financial Assistance to Employers of Military Reservists," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 123, January.
- J. Schuster, 1999. "The Other Side of the Subsidized Muse: Indirect Aid Revisited," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(1), pages 51-70, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Bergevin, 2010. "Addicted to Ratings: The Case for Reducing Governments’ Reliance on Credit Ratings," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 130, May.
- William B.P. Robson & Colin Busby, 2010. "Freeing up Food: The Ongoing Cost, and Potential Reform, of Supply Management," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 128, April.
- Alexandre Laurin & William B.P. Robson & Colin Busby & Finn Poschmann, 2010. "Back to Balance: A Shadow Federal Budget for 2010," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 127, February.
- William B.P. Robson, 2010. "Cutting Through Pension Complexity: Easy Steps Forward for the 2010 Federal Budget," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 126, February.
- Martin Cave & Adrian Foster, 2010. "Solving Spectrum Gridlock: Reforms to Liberalize Radio Spectrum Management in Canada in the Face of Growing Scarcity," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 303, May.
- Colin Busby & William B.P. Robson, 2010. "Target Practice Needed: Canada’s 2010 Fiscal Accountability Rankings," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 129, May.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth and innovation; Canadian content; Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC); digital technology; Internet;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:commen:301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdhowca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.