Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kent Matthews & Xu Zhang & Jianguang Guo, 2009. "Nonperforming Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks, 1997-2006," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 30-47, March.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/30, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alam, Ila M Semenick, 2001. "A Nonparametric Approach for Assessing Productivity Dynamics of Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 121-139, February.
- Mukherjee, Kankana & Ray, Subhash C. & Miller, Stephen M., 2001. "Productivity growth in large US commercial banks: The initial post-deregulation experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 913-939, May.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Rational Inefficiency and non-performing loans in Chinese Banking: A non-parametric Bootstrapping Approach," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/5, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Xu, 2008. "X-efficiency versus Rent Seeking in Chinese banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2008/26, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kent Matthews & Zhiguo Xiao & Xu Zhang, 2009. "Rational Cost Inefficiency in Chinese Banks," Working Papers 292009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li & Chou, Ray Yeutien & Sun, Lei, 2012. "The sources of bank productivity growth in China during 2002–2009: A disaggregation view," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1997-2006.
- Rasoul Rezvanian & Rima Turk Ariss & Seyed Mehdian, 2011. "Cost efficiency, technological progress and productivity growth of Chinese banking pre- and post-WTO accession," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(7), pages 437-454.
- He, Dong & Zhang, Wenlang, 2010.
"How dependent is the Chinese economy on exports and in what sense has its growth been export-led?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 87-104, February.
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang, 2008. "How Dependent is the Chinese Economy on Exports and in What Sense has its Growth been Export-led?," Working Papers 0814, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2011. "Cost economies, efficiency and productivity growth in the Chinese banking industry: evidence from a quarterly panel dataset," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 199-226, August.
- E. Nur Ozkan Gunay, 2012. "Risk Incorporation and Efficiency in Emerging Market Banks During the Global Crisis: Evidence from Turkey, 2002-2009," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(S5), pages 91-102, November.
- Amir Moradi-Motlagh & Ali Salman Saleh, 2014. "Re-Examining the Technical Efficiency of Australian Banks: A Bootstrap DEA Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 112-128, June.
- Kent Matthews & Nina Zhang, 2009.
"Bank Productivity in China 1997-2007: An Exercise in Measurement,"
252009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Matthews, Kent & Zhang, Nina, 2009. "Bank Productivity in China 1997-2007: An Exercise in Measurement," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/14, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Moradi-Motlagh, Amir & Babacan, Alperhan, 2015. "The impact of the global financial crisis on the efficiency of Australian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 397-406.
More about this item
KeywordsBank Efficiency; Productivity; Malmquist index; Bootstrapping;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-08-21 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2008-08-21 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CNA-2008-08-21 (China)
- NEP-EFF-2008-08-21 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2008-08-21 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdf:wpaper:2008/17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yongdeng Xu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecscfuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.