How dependent is the Chinese economy on exports and in what sense has its growth been export-led?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang, 2008. "How Dependent is the Chinese Economy on Exports and in What Sense has its Growth been Export-led?," Working Papers 0814, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1991. "Unraveling the mysteries of China's foreign trade regime : a view from Jiangsu Province," Policy Research Working Paper Series 801, The World Bank.
- Kent Matthews & Xu Zhang & Jianguang Guo, 2009.
"Nonperforming Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks, 1997-2006,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 30-47, March.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2008/17, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Aug 2008.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/30, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Kui-Wai Li, 2003.
"China's Capital and Productivity Measurement Using Financial Resources,"
851, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kui-Wai Li, 2004. "China's Capital and Productivity Measurement Using Financial Resources," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm338, Yale School of Management.
- Li, Kui-Wai, 2003. "China's Capital and Productivity Measurement Using Financial Resources," Center Discussion Papers 28469, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang & Jimmy Shek, 2007.
"How Efficient Has Been China'S Investment? Empirical Evidence From National And Provincial Data,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 597-617, December.
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang & Jimmy Shek, 2006. "How Efficient Has Been China's Investment? Empirical Evidence from National and Provincial Data," Working Papers 0619, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Dong He & Lillian Cheung & Jian Chang, 2007. "Sense and Nonsense on Asia's Export Dependency and The Decoupling Thesis," Working Papers 0703, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2004.
"Trade and Productivity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 613-646.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2001. "Trade and productivity," Economics Working Papers 580, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2002.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Trade and Productivity," Working Papers 12, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Alcala, Francisco & Ciccone, Antonio, 2001. "Trade and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven A Barnett & Ray Brooks, 2006. "What’s Driving Investment in China?," IMF Working Papers 06/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Xiaolan Fu, 2004. "Exports, Technical Progress and Productivity Growth in Chinese Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers wp278, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Chang Hong, 2010. "China's Exports and Employment," NBER Chapters,in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 167-199 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Robert Koopman & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "How Much of Chinese Exports is Really Made In China? Assessing Domestic Value-Added When Processing Trade is Pervasive," NBER Working Papers 14109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991. "Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
More about this item
KeywordsExport-led growth Export dependency Input-output analysis Malmquist index;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:21:y:2010:i:1:p:87-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.