How dependent is the Chinese economy on exports and in what sense has its growth been export-led?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang, 2008. "How Dependent is the Chinese Economy on Exports and in What Sense has its Growth been Export-led?," Working Papers 0814, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1991. "Unraveling the mysteries of China's foreign trade regime : a view from Jiangsu Province," Policy Research Working Paper Series 801, The World Bank.
- Kent Matthews & Xu Zhang & Jianguang Guo, 2009.
"Nonperforming Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks, 1997-2006,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 30-47, March.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2008/17, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Aug 2008.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Non-Performing Loans and Productivity in Chinese Banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/30, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang & Jimmy Shek, 2007.
"How Efficient Has Been China'S Investment? Empirical Evidence From National And Provincial Data,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 597-617, December.
- Dong He & Wenlang Zhang & Jimmy Shek, 2006. "How Efficient Has Been China's Investment? Empirical Evidence from National and Provincial Data," Working Papers 0619, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2004.
"Trade and Productivity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 613-646.
- Alcala, Francisco & Ciccone, Antonio, 2001. "Trade and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Trade and Productivity," Working Papers 12, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2001. "Trade and productivity," Economics Working Papers 580, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2002.
- Dong He & Lillian Cheung & Jian Chang, 2007. "Sense and Nonsense on Asia's Export Dependency and The Decoupling Thesis," Working Papers 0703, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Kui-Wai Li, 2003.
"China's Capital and Productivity Measurement Using Financial Resources,"
851, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kui-Wai Li, 2004. "China's Capital and Productivity Measurement Using Financial Resources," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm338, Yale School of Management.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991. "Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- Steven A Barnett & Ray Brooks, 2006. "What’s Driving Investment in China?," IMF Working Papers 06/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Xiaolan Fu, 2004. "Exports, Technical Progress and Productivity Growth in Chinese Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers wp278, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Chang Hong, 2010. "China's Exports and Employment," NBER Chapters,in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 167-199 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Robert Koopman & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "How Much of Chinese Exports is Really Made In China? Assessing Domestic Value-Added When Processing Trade is Pervasive," NBER Working Papers 14109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bera, Soumitra Kumar, 2010. "Financial crisis: The incrediable hulk in Indian economic growth and external sector," MPRA Paper 27750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank Leung & Gaofeng Han & Kevin Chow, 2009. "Financial Services Sector as a Driver of Productivity Growth in Hong Kong," Working Papers 0914, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:102-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giorgio Prodi & Federico Frattini & Francesco Nicolli, 2016. "Regional Innovation Systems in China: A long-term perspective based on patent data at the prefectural level," SEEDS Working Papers 0316, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Apr 2016.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "The Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: New Evidence and Implications," MPRA Paper 77917, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2015.
- Yang, hongqiang & Ji, Chunyi & Nie, Ning & Hong, Yinxing, 2012. "China’s wood furniture manufacturing industry: industrial cluster and export competitiveness," MPRA Paper 44282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akkemik, K. Ali & Göksal, Koray, 2012. "Energy consumption-GDP nexus: Heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 865-873.
- Dong He & Wei Liao, 2012. "Asian Business Cycle Synchronization," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 106-135, February.
- Zhiwei Zhang, 2008. "Can Demand from China Shield East Asian Economies from Global Slowdown?," Working Papers 0819, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Akkemik, K. Ali & Göksal, Koray & Li, Jia, 2012. "Energy consumption and income in Chinese provinces: Heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 445-454.
- Roberts, Ivan & Rush, Anthony, 2012. "Understanding China's demand for resource imports," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 566-579.
- Kerr, William A., 2016. "Disequilibrium, Trade and the Consequenses of Adjustment," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 17(2).
- Il Houng Lee & Murtaza H Syed & Liu Xueyan, 2013. "China’s Path to Consumer-Based Growth; Reorienting Investment and Enhancing Efficiency," IMF Working Papers 13/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "On Exports and Economic Growth-Multifarious Economies Perspective," MPRA Paper 77922, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Luigi Bonatti & Andrea Fracasso, 2010. "Global Rebalancing and the Future of the Sino-US Codependency," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(s1), pages 70-87.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "Exports Multiplicity and The Dutch Disease," MPRA Paper 77919, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Sun, Sizhong, 2012. "The role of FDI in domestic exporting: Evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 434-441.
- Fujii-Gambero, Gerardo & Cervantes-Martínez, Rosario, 2015. "Origin and Destination Sectors of Indirect Domestic Value Added Embodied in Mexico's Manufacturing Exports," MPRA Paper 72977, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Rosario Cervantes-Martínez & Jorge Villaseñor-Becerra & Martín Romero-Morett, 2016. "NAFTA trade (and some extra NAFTA trade) in value added and its distribution, 1995–2011," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Federico Frattini & Francesco Nicolli & Giorgio Prodi, 2014. "Technological capabilities and growth: A study of economic convergence among Chinese prefectures," SEEDS Working Papers 2914, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2014.
- Gerardo Fujii-Gambero & Manuel García-Ramos, 2015. "Revisiting the quality of exports," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Yuqing Xing & Manisha Pradhananga, 2013. "How Important is Exports and FDI for China's Economic Growth?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-04, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Jose-Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2016. "Industrial Interdependence: China 1995-2010," Working Papers 802, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Peltonen, Tuomas & Pula, Gabor, 2009. "Has emerging Asia decoupled? An analysis of production and trade linkages using the Asian international input-output table," Working Paper Series 993, European Central Bank.
- Xing, Yuqing & Pradhananga, Manisha, 2013. "How Important are Exports and Foreign Direct Investment for Economic Growth in the People’s Republic of China?," ADBI Working Papers 427, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsExport-led growth Export dependency Input-output analysis Malmquist index;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:21:y:2010:i:1:p:87-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.