Capital Accumulation And Convergence In A Small Open Economy
Outward-oriented economies seem to grow faster than inward-looking ones. Does the literature on convergence have anything to say on this? In the dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson model, with factor-price equalization, there is no convergence of incomes. This is because with identical preferences and return to capital, irrespective of initial levels the growth rates of consumption are the same. In the Specific Factors model, there is factor price equalization in the long run, but incomes depend on endowments of non-accumulable factors. Different specifications for the intersectorally mobile factors have different implications for development (as well as convergence).
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Delhi 110 007|
Phone: (011) 27667005
Fax: (011) 27667159
Web page: http://www.cdedse.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.cdedse.org/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Partha Chatterjee & Malik Shukayev, 2006. "Convergence in a Stochastic Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Staff Working Papers 06-23, Bank of Canada.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, July.
- Claustre Bajona & Timothy J. Kehoe, 2006.
"Demographics in dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin models: overlapping generations versus infinitely lived consumers,"
377, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Claustre Bajona, 2010. "Demographics in Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Models: Overlapping Generations versus Infinitely Lived Consumers," 2010 Meeting Papers 1172, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Claustre Bajona & Timothy J. Kehoe, 2006. "Demographics in Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Models: Overlapping Generations Versus Infinitely Lived Consumers," NBER Working Papers 12566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-943, November.
- Brecher, Richard A & Chen, Zhiqi & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 2002. "Absolute and Comparative Advantage, Reconsidered: The Pattern of International Trade with Optimal Saving," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 645-656, November.
- Richard A. Brecher & Zhiqi Chen & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2000. "Absolute and Comparative Advantage, Reconsidered: The Pattern of International Trade with Optimal Saving," Carleton Economic Papers 00-02, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2002.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 325-338.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1984. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.