Another Quiet Revolution?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric M. Leeper, 2010. "Monetary science, fiscal alchemy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 361-434.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Evan C Tanner & Kevin J Carey, 2005. "The Perils of Tax Smoothing; Sustainable Fiscal Policy with Random Shocks to Permanent Output," IMF Working Papers 2005/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin, Fernando M., 2015. "Debt, inflation and central bank independence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 129-150.
- Jorge Streb & Gustavo Torrens, 2013.
"Making rules credible: divided government and political budget cycles,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(3), pages 703-722, September.
- Jorge M. Streb & Gustavo F. Torrens, 2009. "Making rules credible: Divided government and political budget cycles," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 395, Universidad del CEMA.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson, 2008. "Great Expectations and the End of the Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1476-1516, September.
- Horvath Michal, 2011.
"Alternative Perspectives on Optimal Public Debt Adjustment,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, November.
- Michal Horvath, 2006. "Alternative Perspectives on Optimal Public Debt Adjustment," CDMA Working Paper Series 200607, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis, revised 15 Sep 2011.
- Kenneth Rogoff & Anne Sibert, 1988.
"Elections and Macroeconomic Policy Cycles,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 1-16.
- Rogoff, Kenneth & Sibert, Anne, 1985. "Elections And Macroeconomic Policy Cycles," SSRI Workshop Series 292676, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Kenneth Rogoff & Anne Sibert, 1986. "Elections and Macroeconomic Policy Cycles," NBER Working Papers 1838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dilla, Diana, 2017. "Staatsverschuldung und Verschuldungsmentalität [Public Debt and Debt Mentality]," MPRA Paper 79432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elizabeth Brainerd & Nidhiya Menon, 2013. "Religion and Health in Early Childhood: Evidence from the Indian Subcontinent," Working Papers 65, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Bas Jacobs, 2010. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds is One," CESifo Working Paper Series 3250, CESifo.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006.
"Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory Is Shaping Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 3-28, Fall.
- Patrick Kehoe & Varadarajan V. Chari, 2006. "Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory is Shaping Policy," NBER Working Papers 12476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006. "Modern macroeconomics in practice: how theory is shaping policy," Staff Report 376, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1989.
"Dynamic Seigniorage Theory: An Exploration,"
NBER Working Papers
2869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld and ., 1997. "Dynamic Seigniorage Theory: An Exploration," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C97-085, University of California at Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1997. "Dynamic Seigniorage Theory: An Exploration," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233606, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1997. "Dynamic Seigniorage Theory: An Exploration," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt712610vq, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1991. "Dynamic Seigniorage Theory: An Exploration," CEPR Discussion Papers 519, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson, 2013. "Fiscal Multipliers and Policy Coordination," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Jordi Galí (ed.),Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomic Performance, edition 1, volume 17, chapter 6, pages 175-234, Central Bank of Chile.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 2015. "Robert E. Lucas Jr.'s Collected Papers on Monetary Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 53(1), pages 43-64, March.
- Niepelt, Dirk, 2014.
"Debt maturity without commitment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(S), pages 37-54.
- Niepelt, Dirk, 2008. "Debt Maturity without Commitment," CEPR Discussion Papers 7093, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dirk Niepelt, 2008. "Debt Maturity without Commitment," Working Papers 08.05, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Dirk Niepelt, 2008. "Debt Maturity without Commitment," CESifo Working Paper Series 2500, CESifo.
- Stefano Gnocchi, 2013. "Monetary Commitment and Fiscal Discretion: The Optimal Policy Mix," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 187-216, April.
- Alfaro, Laura & Kanczuk, Fabio, 2010.
"Nominal versus indexed debt: A quantitative horse race,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1706-1726, December.
- Laura Alfaro & Fabio Kanczuk, 2007. "Nominal versus Indexed Debt: A Quantitative Horse Race," NBER Working Papers 13131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ananda Jayawickrama & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2013. "The experience of some OECD economies on tax smoothing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(16), pages 2305-2313, June.
- Claire Loupias & Bertrand Crettez & Isabelle Job, 1997. "Dette publique et croissance endogène," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 48(6), pages 1439-1455.
- Tsur, Yacov, 2012. "Public debt and time preferences: Insolvency, excessive saving and in between," Discussion Papers 137712, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2005. "Back to Keynes?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(4), pages 777-822.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal rules; independent fiscal institutions;
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2015-01-09 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbe:dpaper:201405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rrzbrsk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.