El Fondo Común Municipal: ¿Cuál es el rol en la Convergencia de Ingresos Locales?
This paper analyze the role of FCM in the convergence process of the income governments with a panel data of 345 municipalities for the period between 2001 and 2011. Using quasi-experiments and dynamic equations demonstrated that the FCM doesn’t have a significant effect in the increase of the convergence speed, evidencing the ineffective of this territorial policy in the reduction of disparities in long term. The weak develop of the decentralization and the low incentives of the municipalities to obtain own resources, promotes the emergence of strategic behaviors that distort the redistributive effect of the FCM in municipalities, decreasing its impact in the reduction of territorial disparities in Chile.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2013|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Angamos 0610, Antofagasta|
Phone: (55) 355-768
Fax: (55) 355-878
Web page: http://www.economiaucn.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernesto Crivelli, 2012.
"Local Governmentsâ€™ Fiscal Balance, Privatization, and Banking Sector Reform in Transition Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
12/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Ernesto Crivelli, 2012. "Local governments’ fiscal balance and privatization in transition countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 20(4), pages 677-703, October.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2009.
"Does decentralization matter for regional disparities? A cross-country analysis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
33244, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Roberto Ezcurra, 2010. "Does decentralization matter for regional disparities? A cross-country analysis," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(5), pages 619-644, September.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2009. "Does Decentralization Matter for Regional Disparities? A Cross-Country Analysis," SERC Discussion Papers 0025, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Roberto Ezcurra, 2009. "Does decentralization matter for regional disparities? A cross-country analysis," Working Papers 2009-04, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Bond, Stephen Roy & Hoeffler, Anke & Temple, Jonathan, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-389, September.
- Vassilis Tselios & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Andy Pike & John Tomaney & Gianpiero Torrisi, 2011.
"Income inequality, decentralisation and regional development in Western Europe,"
2011-16, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Vassilis Tselios & AndrÃ©s RodrÃguez-Pose & Andy Pike & John Tomaney & Gianpiero Torrisi, 2012. "Income inequality, decentralisation, and regional development in Western Europe," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 44(6), pages 1278-1301, June.
- Pike, Andy J & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Tomaney, John & Torrisi, Gianpiero & Tselios, Vassilis, 2011. "Income inequality, decentralisation and regional development in Western Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 8575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Damiaan Persyn & Koen Algoed, 2009. "Interregional redistribution, growth and convergence," Working Papers VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics 4, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics.
- Cristian Sepúlveda & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2010.
"The Consequences of Fiscal Decentralization on Poverty and Income Inequality,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1002, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Cristian F Sepulveda & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2011. "The Consequences of Fiscal Decentralization on Poverty and Income Equality," Environment and Planning C, SAGE Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 321-343, April.
- Cristian F Sepulveda & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2011. "The consequences of fiscal decentralization on poverty and income equality," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(2), pages 321-343, April.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Decentralization of Governance and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 185-205, Fall.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:2001-w21 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cat:dtecon:dt201314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dusan Paredes)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.