¿Dónde están los inmigrantes en Chile?: Un análisis de Patrones Espaciales de Residencia por Municipalidades
The immigration issue is relevant in Chile, the main purpose is to describe the sociodemographic characteristics of the immigrant population resident in Chile and characterize their localization patterns by communes, considering the entire country. For this you use information from the National Socioeconomic Characterization 2006. The determination of the locations is done through an analysis of patterns of local spatial autocorrelation, which allows you to define common areas that form spatial clusters of immigrants. The results show that significant changes in location and composition of immigrants have occurred in Chile generating new challenges to society.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Angamos 0610, Antofagasta|
Phone: (55) 355-768
Fax: (55) 355-878
Web page: http://www.economiaucn.com
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luc Anselin & Yong Wook Kim & Ibnu Syabri, 2004. "Web-based analytical tools for the exploration of spatial data," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 197-218, 06.
- Aslund, Olof, 2005.
"Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-165, March.
- Åslund, Olof, 2001. "Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants," Working Paper Series 2001:11, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- R Flowerdew & P J Boyle, 1995. "Migration Models Incorporating Interdependence of Movers," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 27(9), pages 1493-1502, September.
- Rephann, Terance & Vencatasawmy, Coomaren, 1999. "Determinants of the Spatial Mobility of Immigrants in Sweden," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa272, European Regional Science Association.
- R Flowerdew & P J Boyle, 1995. "Migration models incorporating interdependence of movers," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(9), pages 1493-1502, September.
- Anna Damm, 2009. "Determinants of recent immigrants’ location choices: quasi-experimental evidence," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 145-174, January.
- Anna Piil Damm, 2005. "Determinants of Recent Immigrants’ Location Choices: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," CAM Working Papers 2005-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-391, October.
- Anselin, Luc & Getis, Arthur, 1992. "Spatial Statistical Analysis and Geographic Information Systems," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 19-33, April.
- W. A. V. Clark, 1996. "Scale Effects in International Migration to the United States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 589-600.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cat:dtecon:dt201307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dusan Paredes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.