Policy-induced Migration in Canada: An Empirical Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William G. Watson, 1986. "An Estimate of the Welfare Gain from Fiscal Equalization," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 298-308, May.
- Robin W. Boadway & Frank R. Flatters, 1982. "Efficiency and Equalization Payments in a Federal System of Government: A Synthesis and Extension of Recent Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 613-633, November.
- Robin Boadway & Frank Flatters, 1981. "The Role of Equalization Payments in a Federal System of Government, A Synthesis and Extension of Recent Results," Working Paper 443, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Kathleen M. Day, 1992. "Interprovincial Migration and Local Public Goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 123-144, February.
- Winer, Stanley L, 1983. "Some Evidence on the Effect of the Separation of Spending and Taxing Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 126-140, February.
- Phipps, Shelley, 1990. "Quantity-Constrainted Household Responses to UI Reform," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 124-140, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benoît Tarroux, 2012.
"Are equalization payments making Canadians better off? A two-dimensional dominance answer,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 10(1), pages 19-44, March.
- Benoit Tarroux, 2006. "Are Equalization Payments Making Canadians Better Off? A Two-Dimensional Dominance Answer," IDEP Working Papers 0608, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 15 Nov 2006.
- Benoît Tarroux, 2012. "Are equalization payments making Canadians better off? A two-dimensional dominance answer," Post-Print halshs-00560053, HAL.
- Kari Hämäläinen & Petri Böckerman, 2004.
"Regional Labor Market Dynamics, Housing, and Migration,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 543-568.
- Hämäläinen, Kari & Böckerman, Petri, 2002. "Regional Labour Market Dynamics, Housing and Migration," Discussion Papers 284, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Mark Ferguson & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert & Mark Partridge, 2007. "Voting with Their Feet: Jobs versus Amenities," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 77-110.
- Giorgio Brosio & Juan Pablo Jiménez, 2012. "The intergovernmental allocation of revenue from natural resources: finding a balance between centripetal and centrifugal pressure," Chapters,in: Decentralization and Reform in Latin America, chapter 10, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Benarroch & Hugh Grant, 2004. "The interprovincial migration of Canadian physicians: does income matter?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2335-2345.
- Grenier, Gilles, 2008.
"The internal migration of the immigrant and native-born populations in Canada between 1976 and 1996,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 736-756, April.
- Gilles Grenier, 2003. "The Internal Migration of the Immigrant and Native-Born populations in Canada between 1976 and 1996," Working Papers 0301E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Böckerman, Petri & Hämäläinen, Kari, 2002. "Housing, dynamics of regional labour markets and migration," ERSA conference papers ersa02p159, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; regional disparity; public policy; unemployment insurance; conditional logit; taxation data;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:car:carecp:01-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.