The Restructuring and Privatisation of Electricity Distribution and Supply Business in Brazil: A Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Green & Tanga McDaniel, 1998.
"Competition in electricity supply: will ‘1998’ Be worth it?,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 273-293, August.
- Green, Richard & McDaniel, Tanga, 1998. "Competition in Electricity Supply: Will '1998' be Worth it?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1814, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goldstein, Andrea, 1999. "Brazilian Privatization in International Perspective: The Rocky Path from State Capitalism to Regulatory Capitalism," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 673-711, December.
- Leroy P. Jones & Pankaj Tandon & Ingo Vogelsang, 1990. "Selling Public Enterprises: A Cost/Benefit Methodology," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262600625, January.
- Pollitt, M. G., 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of the Electricity Supply Industry in Northern Ireland: Will it be Worth it?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9701, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999.
"Winners and Losers from the Privatization and Regulation of Utilities: Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model of Argentina,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 357-378, May.
- Antonio Estache & Omar Chisari & C. Romero, 1999. "Winners and Losers from the Privatization and Regulation of Utilities: Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model of Argentina," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- De P. Abreu, Marcelo & Werneck, Rogerio L. F., 1993. "Privatization and regulation in Brazil: The 1990-1992 policies and the challenges ahead," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(Supplemen), pages 21-44.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- Domah, P. & Pollitt, M.G., 2000. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of Electricity Distribution and Supply Businesses in England and Wales: A Social Cost Benefit Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0007, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Robert J. Brent, 1984. "Use of Distributional Weights in Cost-Benefit Analysis: a Survey of Schools," Public Finance Review, , vol. 12(2), pages 213-230, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2009.
"Evaluating the evidence on electricity reform: Lessons for the South East Europe (SEE) market,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 13-23, March.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "Evaluating the evidence on electricity reform: Lessons for the South East Europe (SEE) market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0756, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pollitt, Michael G., 2012.
"The role of policy in energy transitions: Lessons from the energy liberalisation era,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 128-137.
- Pollitt, M. G., 2012. "The role of policy in energy transitions: lessons from the energy liberalisation era," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1216, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Woo, C.K. & King, M. & Tishler, A. & Chow, L.C.H., 2006. "Costs of electricity deregulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 747-768.
- Bajay, S.V., 2006. "Integrating competition and planning: A mixed institutional model of the Brazilian electric power sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 865-876.
- Ioannis N. Kessides, 2004. "Reforming Infrastructure : Privatization, Regulation, and Competition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13525.
- van Els, Rudi Henri & de Souza Vianna, João Nildo & Brasil, Antonio Cesar Pinho, 2012. "The Brazilian experience of rural electrification in the Amazon with decentralized generation – The need to change the paradigm from electrification to development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 1450-1461.
- Galán, Jorge E. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 31-44.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Newbery, David & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Core indicators for determinants and performance of the electricity sector in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3599, The World Bank.
- Nepal, Rabindra & Foster, John, 2015.
"Electricity networks privatization in Australia: An overview of the debate,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 12-24.
- Rabindra Nepal & John Foster, 2015. "Electricity Networks Privatization in Australia: An Overview of the Debate," Discussion Papers Series 541, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Jamasb, T. & Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M., 2004. "'Core Indicators for Determinants and Performance of Electricity Sector in Developing Countries’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0438, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Daisy Shen & Qing Yang, . "Electricity Market Regulatory Reform and Competition – Case Study of the New Zealand Electricity Market," Chapters, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Jorge E. Galán & Michael G. Pollitt, 2014. "Inefficiency persistence and heterogeneity in Colombian electricity distribution utilities," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1423, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2003-02-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2003-02-18 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.