Bivariate dynamic probit models for panel data
In this talk, I will discuss the main methodological features of the bivariate dynamic probit model for panel data. I will present an example using simulated data, giving special emphasis to the initial conditions problem in dynamic models and the difference between true and spurious state dependence. The model is fit by maximum simulated likelihood.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Hochgürtel, S. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2004.
"Ownership of stocks and mutual funds : A panel data analysis,"
Other publications TiSEM
471d7c77-905c-4d47-84b9-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rob Alessie & Stefan Hochguertel & Arthur van Soest, 2004. "Ownership of Stocks and Mutual Funds: A Panel Data Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(3), pages 783-796, August.
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Hochgürtel, S. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2001. "Ownership of Stocks and Mutual Funds : A Panel Data Analysis," Discussion Paper 2001-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Alessie, Rob & Stefan Hochguertel & Arthur van Soest, 2002. "Ownership of Stocks and Mutual Funds: A Panel Data Analysis," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 3, Royal Economic Society.
- Miranda, Alfonso, 2007. "Migrant Networks, Migrant Selection, and High School Graduation in Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 3204, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Francesco Devicienti & Ambra Poggi, 2011.
"Poverty and social exclusion: two sides of the same coin or dynamically interrelated processes?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3549-3571.
- Francesco Devicienti & Ambra Poggi, 2007. "Poverty and social exclusion: two sides of the same coin or dynamically interrelated processes?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 62, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Mosconi, Rocco & Seri, Raffaello, 2006. "Non-causality in bivariate binary time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 379-407, June.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1993. "Simulation-based inference : A survey with special reference to panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 5-33, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boc:msug10:07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.