A VAR analysis of the effects of monetary policy in East Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mojon, Benoît & Peersman, Gert, 2001. "A VAR description of the effects of monetary policy in the individual countries of the euro area," Working Paper Series 0092, European Central Bank.
- Peersman, Gert & Smets, Frank, 2001. "The monetary transmission mechanism in the euro area: more evidence from VAR analysis," Working Paper Series 0091, European Central Bank.
- Mark Crosby & Glenn Otto, 2001. "Persistence Of Output Fluctuations Under Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes," Working Papers 072001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1996. "What Does Monetary Policy Do?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 1-78.
- Giuseppe De Arcangelis & Giorgio Di Giorgio, 1998. "In Search of Monetary Policy Measures: The Case of Italy in the 1990s," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 57(2), pages 213-250, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivan Baboucek & Martin Jancar, 2005. "Effects of Macroeconomic Shocks to the Quality of the Aggregate Loan Portfolio," Working Papers 2005/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Hesse, Heiko, 2007.
"Monetary policy, structural break and the monetary transmission mechanism in Thailand,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 649-669, August.
- Hesse, Heiko, 2007. "Monetary policy, structural break, and the monetary transmission mechanism in Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4248, The World Bank.
- Gunji, Hiroshi & Miura, Kazuki & Yuan, Yuan, 2009. "Bank competition and monetary policy," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 105-115, January.
- Marcelo Sanchez, 2008. "The link between interest rates and exchange rates: do contractionary depreciations make a difference?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 43-61.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Zaidi, Mohd Azlan Shah & W.N.W, Azman-Saini, 2011. "Relative price effects of monetary policy shock in Malaysia: a svar study," MPRA Paper 38768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hwee Kwan Chow, 2004. "A VAR Analysis of Singapore’s Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Working Papers 19-2004, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Ulrich Camen, 2006. "Monetary policy in Vietnam: the case of a transition country," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in Asia: approaches and implementation, volume 31, pages 232-252 Bank for International Settlements.
- Ha Thanh Le, 2015. "Measuring the Stance of Monetary Policy in Vietnam: A Structural VAR Analysis," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 2(1), pages 8-22.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Is Monetary Policy Effective When Credit is Low?," IMF Working Papers 08/288, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:rfa:aefjnl:v:4:y:2017:i:4:p:66-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thanabalasingam Vinayagathasan, 2014. "Monetary policy and the real economy: A structural VAR approach for Sri Lanka," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(1), pages 41-64, January.
- Amarasekara, Chandranath, 2008. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Economic Growth and Inflation in Sri Lanka," MPRA Paper 64866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Zeliha Ozdogan, 2013. "Financial crisis, monetary policy reform and the monetary transmission mechanism in Turkey," Working Papers 13-08, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ila Patnaik & Ajay Shah & Rudrani Bhattacharya, 2011.
"Monetary Policy Transmission in an Emerging Market Setting,"
IMF Working Papers
11/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Bhattacharya, Rudrani & Patnaik, Ila & Shah, Ajay, 2011. "Monetary policy transmission in an emerging market setting," Working Papers 11/78, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Guizani, Brahim, 2015. "Effectiveness of Monetary Policy In Economies in Democratic Transition: Evidence from Tunisia," MPRA Paper 63205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thanabalasingam Vinayagathasan, 2013. "Monetary Policy and the Real Economy: A Structural VAR Approach for Sri Lanka," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-13, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Hwee Kwan Chow & Keen Meng Choy, 2009.
"Monetary Policy And Asset Prices In A Small Open Economy: A Factor-Augmented Var Analysis For Singapore,"
Annals of Financial Economics (AFE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(01), pages 1-23.
- Hwee Kwan Chow & Keen Meng Choy, 2009. "Monetary Policy and Asset Prices in a Small Open Economy: A Factor-Augmented VAR Analysis for Singapore," Working Papers 11-2009, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Phiromswad, Piyachart, 2015. "Measuring monetary policy with empirically grounded restrictions: An application to Thailand," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 104-113.
- Ken Miyajima & Madhusudan Mohanty & James Yetman, 2014. "Spillovers of US unconventional monetary policy to Asia: the role of long-term interest rates," BIS Working Papers 478, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:206-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Parrado, 2004. "Singapore's Unique Monetary Policy; How Does it Work?," IMF Working Papers 04/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Ryuzo Miyao, 2010. "Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Stability in East Asia," Chapters,in: Asian Regionalism in the World Economy, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Siwei Goo & Reza Siregar, 2009.
"Economic Shocks And Exchange Rate As A Shock Absorber In Indonesia And Thailand,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp72, April.
- Goo, Siwei & Siregar, Reza Y. Siregar, 2009. "Economic Shocks and Exchange Rate as a Shock Absorber in Indonesia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 16875, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tng & Kwek, 2015. "Financial stress, economic activity and monetary policy in the ASEAN-5 economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(48), pages 5169-5185, October.
More about this item
KeywordsVAR; monetary policy shocks; East Asia;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .