Credit and Business Cycles: An Empirical Analysis in the Frequency Domain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jose Eduardo Gomez-Gonzalez & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas & Hector Manuel Zarate & Juan Sebastian Amador & Celina Gaitan-Maldonado, 2015. "Credit and business cycles: Causal effects in the frequency domain," Revista ESPE - Ensayos Sobre Política Económica, Banco de la República - ESPE, vol. 33(78), pages 176-189, December.
- Jose Eduardo Gomez-Gonzalez & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas & Hector Manuel Zarate & Juan Sebastian Amador & Celina Gaitan-Maldonado, 2015. "Credit and business cycles: Causal effects in the frequency domain," Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 33(78), pages 176-189, December.
- Juan Sebastián Amador & Celina Gaitán-Maldonado & José Eduardo Gómez-González & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas, 2014. "Credit and Business Cycles: An Empirical Analysis in the Frequency Domain," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 012115, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlstrom, Charles T & Fuerst, Timothy S, 1997.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 893-910, December.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 1996. "Agency costs, net worth, and business fluctuations: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Working Papers (Old Series) 9602, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Credit Spreads and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 3-35, September.
- Alessi, Lucia & Detken, Carsten, 2011. "Quasi real time early warning indicators for costly asset price boom/bust cycles: A role for global liquidity," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 520-533, September.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2003. "The Band Pass Filter," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 435-465, May.
- Juan Amador & José Gómez-González & Andrés Pabón, 2013.
"Loan growth and bank risk: new evidence,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(4), pages 365-379, December.
- Juan Sebastián Amador Torres & José EDuardo Gómez G. & Andrés Murcia Pabón, 2013. "Loans Growth and Banks’ Risk: New Evidence," Borradores de Economia 763, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan Sebastián Amador Torres & José Eduardo Gómez G. & Andrés Murcia Pabón, 2013. "Loans Growth and Banks´ Risk: New Evidence," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010710, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Paul Davidson, 1986. "Finance, Funding, Saving, and Investment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 101-110, September.
- Claudio Borio, 2011.
"Rediscovering the Macroeconomic Roots of Financial Stability Policy: Journey, Challenges, and a Way Forward,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 87-117, December.
- Claudio Borio, 2011. "Rediscovering the macroeconomic roots of financial stability policy: journey, challenges and a way forward," BIS Working Papers 354, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- David Aikman & Andrew G. Haldane & Benjamin D. Nelson, 2015. "Curbing the Credit Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 125(585), pages 1072-1109, June.
- Breitung, Jorg & Candelon, Bertrand, 2006. "Testing for short- and long-run causality: A frequency-domain approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 363-378, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matteo Farn'e & Angela Montanari, 2018. "A bootstrap test to detect prominent Granger-causalities across frequencies," Papers 1803.00374, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2018.
- Juan Guillermo Bedoya Ospina, 2017. "Ciclos de crédito, liquidez global y regímenes monetarios: una aproximación para América Latina," Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE, vol. 78, February.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:borrec:843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.