Water services in Italy: implementation of the reform and efficiency of providers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache & MartÌn A. Rossi, 2002.
"How Different Is the Efficiency of Public and Private Water Companies in Asia?,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(1), pages 139-148, June.
- Antonio Estache & Martin Rossi, 2002. "How different is the efficiency of Public and Private Water Companies in Asia," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43984, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fare,Rolf & Grosskopf,Shawna & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2008. "Production Frontiers," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521072069, April.
- Laura Castellucci, 2004. "I servizi idrici in Italia oggi: si fa presto a dire regolamentazione," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 445-460.
- Jedidiah Brewer & Robert Glennon & Alan Ker & Gary D. Libecap, 2007.
"Water Markets in the West: Prices, Trading, and Contractual Forms,"
NBER Working Papers
13002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jedidiah Brewer & Robert Glennon & Alan Ker & Gary Libecap, 2007. "Water Markets in the West: Prices, Trading, and Contractual Forms," ICER Working Papers 30-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Klein, Michael, 1996. "Economic regulation of water companies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1649, The World Bank.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Picazo-Tadeo, Andres J. & Saez-Fernandez, Francisco J. & Gonzalez-Gomez, Francisco, 2008.
"Does service quality matter in measuring the performance of water utilities,"
Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 30-38, March.
- Andrés J. Picazo-Tadeo & Francisco J. Sáez-Fernández & Francisco González-Gómez, 2007. "Does Service Quality Matter In Measuring Performance Of Water Utilities?," FEG Working Paper Series 07/04, Faculty of Economics and Business (University of Granada).
- Giovanni Fraquelli & Graziano Abrate, 2007. "Domanda e tariffe nel settore idrico italiano: un’analisi di sensitività sui Piani d’ambito," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(3-4), pages 119-132.
- Luca Arnaudo, 2003. "Gestione giuridica delle acque e concorrenza nei servizi idrici," Mercato Concorrenza Regole, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 579-606.
- Pizer, William & Harrington, Winston & Shih, Jhih-Shyang & Gillingham, Kenneth, 2004.
"Economies of Scale and Technical Efficiency in Community Water Systems,"
dp-04-15, Resources For the Future.
- Shih, Jhih-Shyang & Harrington, Winston & Pizer, William A. & Gillingham, Kenneth, 2004. "Economies of Scale and Technical Efficiency in Community Water Systems," Discussion Papers 10788, Resources for the Future.
- M. A. Garcia-Valinas & M. A. Muniz, 2007. "Is DEA useful in the regulation of water utilities? A dynamic efficiency evaluation (a dynamic efficiency evaluation of water utilities)," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 245-252.
- Antonio, Massarutto, 2007. "Liberalization and private sector involvement in the water industry: a review of the economic literature," MPRA Paper 5864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G. Colangelo, 2004. ""Common carriage" e concorrenza nel settore idrico," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1-2, pages 77-104.
- Paola Valbonesi & Chiara D'Alpaos, 2006.
"Una valutazione delle ipotesi di revisione del Metodo tariffario normalizzato per il servizio idrico integrato,"
ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2006(5-6), pages 97-125.
- Chiara D'Alpaos & Paola Valbonesi, 2005. "Una valutazione dele ipotesi di revisione del Metodo Tariffario Normalizzato per il servizio idrico integrato," Working Papers ubs0508, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Narayanan, Rangesan & Raffiee, Kambiz, 1995. "Specification and estimation of the effect of ownership on the economic efficiency of the water utilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 759-784, December.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
More about this item
Keywordswater supply; data envelopment analysis; public utilities; natural monopoly; regulation;
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2009-02-14 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-14 (Public Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-02-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:opques:qef_23_08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.