Max-convex decompositions for cooperative TU games
We show that any cooperative TU game is the maximum of a finite collection of convex games. This max-convex decomposition can be refined by using convex games with nonnegative dividends for all coalitions of at least two players. As a consequence of the above results we show that the class of modular games is a set of generators of the distributive lattice of all cooperative TU games. Finally, we characterize zero-monotonic games using a strong max-convex decomposition.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Einy, Ezra, 1988. "The shapley value on some lattices of monotonic games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Jean Derks & Hans Haller & Hans Peters, 2000. "The selectope for cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 29(1), pages 23-38.
- Ehud Kalai & Eitan Zemel, 1980. "On Totally Balanced Games and Games of Flow," Discussion Papers 413, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lucas, William F., 1992. "Von Neumann-Morgenstern stable sets," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 17, pages 543-590 Elsevier.
- Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1991. "Minimarg and the maximarg operators," Other publications TiSEM 1f024ef6-4383-41ae-aba6-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2004123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.