Design of Homogeneous Territorial Units: A Methodological Proposal
One of the main questions to solve when analysing geographically added information consists of the design of territorial units adjusted to the objectives of the study. This is related with the reduction of the effects of the Modifiable Areal Unit Problem (MAUP). In this paper an optimisation model to solve regionalisation problems is proposed. This model seeks to reduce some disadvantages found in previous works about automated regionalisation tools.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C G Amrhein & R Flowerdew, 1992. "The effect of data aggregation on a Poisson regression model of Canadian migration," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(10), pages 1381-1391, October.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The modifiable areal unit problem in multivariate statistical analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- Openshaw, Stan, 1992. "Some Suggestions Concerning the Development of Artificial Intelligence Tools for Spatial Modelling and Analysis in GIS," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 35-51, April.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem in Multivariate Statistical Analysis," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- C G Amrhein & R Flowerdew, 1992. "The Effect of Data Aggregation on a Poisson Regression Model of Canadian Migration," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 24(10), pages 1381-1391, October.
- S Openshaw & R S Baxter, 1977. "Algorithm 3: A Procedure to Generate Pseudo-Random Aggregations of N Zones into M Zones, Where M is Less Than N," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 9(12), pages 1423-1428, December.
- J. Gower & P. Legendre, 1986. "Metric and Euclidean properties of dissimilarity coefficients," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 3(1), pages 5-48, March.
- Gordon, A. D., 1996. "A survey of constrained classification," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Anuška Ferligoj & Vladimir Batagelj, 1983. "Some types of clustering with relational constraints," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 541-552, December.
- Anuška Ferligoj & Vladimir Batagelj, 1982. "Clustering with relational constraint," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 413-426, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2004115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.