Clustering of Territorial Areas: A Multi-Criteria Districting Problem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Hansen & Brigitte Jaumard & Christophe Meyer & Bruno Simeone & Valeria Doring, 2003. "Maximum Split Clustering Under Connectivity Constraints," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 20(2), pages 143-180, September.
- Kyungchul Park & Kyungsik Lee & Sungsoo Park & Heesang Lee, 2000. "Telecommunication Node Clustering with Node Compatibility and Network Survivability Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 363-374, March.
- Boris A. Portnov & Moshe Schwartz, 2009. "Urban Clusters As Growth Foci," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 287-310, May.
- Gordon, A. D., 1996. "A survey of constrained classification," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Muyldermans, L. & Cattrysse, D. & Van Oudheusden, D. & Lotan, T., 2002. "Districting for salt spreading operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 521-532, June.
- Roy J. Shanker & Ronald E. Turner & Andris A. Zoltners, 1975. "Sales Territory Design: An Integrated Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 309-320, November.
- Bozkaya, Burcin & Erkut, Erhan & Laporte, Gilbert, 2003. "A tabu search heuristic and adaptive memory procedure for political districting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 12-26, January.
- Anuška Ferligoj & Vladimir Batagelj, 1982. "Clustering with relational constraint," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 413-426, December.
- Juan C. Duque & Luc Anselin & Sergio J. Rey, 2012. "The Max-P-Regions Problem," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 397-419, August.
- Sidney W. Hess & Stuart A. Samuels, 1971. "Experiences with a Sales Districting Model: Criteria and Implementation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4-Part-II), pages 41-54, December.
- Andris A. Zoltners & Prabhakant Sinha, 1983. "Sales Territory Alignment: A Review and Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1237-1256, November.
- R. S. Garfinkel & G. L. Nemhauser, 1970. "Optimal Political Districting by Implicit Enumeration Techniques," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages 495-508, April.
- Anuj Mehrotra & Ellis L. Johnson & George L. Nemhauser, 1998. "An Optimization Based Heuristic for Political Districting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1100-1114, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rui Fragoso & Maria Conceição Rego & Vladimir Bushenkov, 2014. "Clustering of territorial areas: A multi-criteria districting problem," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2014_02, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Maria da ConceiÃ§Ã£o Rego & Rui Fragoso & Vladimir Bushenkov, 2014. "Clustering of Territorial Areas: A Multi-Criteria Districting Problem," ERSA conference papers ersa14p218, European Regional Science Association.
- Fernando Tavares-Pereira & José Figueira & Vincent Mousseau & Bernard Roy, 2007. "Multiple criteria districting problems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 69-92, October.
- Tavares Pereira, Fernando & Figueira, José Rui & Mousseau, Vincent & Roy, Bernard, 2009. "Comparing two territory partitions in districting problems: Indices and practical issues," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 72-88, March.
- Han, Jialin & Hu, Yaoguang & Mao, Mingsong & Wan, Shuping, 2020. "A multi-objective districting problem applied to agricultural machinery maintenance service network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 1120-1130.
- Sebastián Moreno & Jordi Pereira & Wilfredo Yushimito, 2020. "A hybrid K-means and integer programming method for commercial territory design: a case study in meat distribution," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 286(1), pages 87-117, March.
- Alexander Butsch & Jörg Kalcsics & Gilbert Laporte, 2014. "Districting for Arc Routing," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 26(4), pages 809-824, November.
- R. Church & J. C. Duque & D. E. Restrepo, 2020. "The p-Innovation ecosystems model," Papers 2008.05885, arXiv.org.
- Ricca, Federica & Simeone, Bruno, 2008. "Local search algorithms for political districting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(3), pages 1409-1426, September.
- Ram Gopalan & Steven O. Kimbrough & Frederic H. Murphy & Nicholas Quintus, 2013. "The Philadelphia Districting Contest: Designing Territories for City Council Based Upon the 2010 Census," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 43(5), pages 477-489, October.
- M Blais & S D Lapierre & G Laporte, 2003. "Solving a home-care districting problem in an urban setting," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 54(11), pages 1141-1147, November.
- Camacho-Collados, M. & Liberatore, F. & Angulo, J.M., 2015. "A multi-criteria Police Districting Problem for the efficient and effective design of patrol sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 674-684.
- Brian Lunday & Hanif Sherali & Kevin Lunday, 2012. "The coastal seaspace patrol sector design and allocation problem," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 483-514, November.
- Drexl, Andreas & Haase, Knut, 1996. "Fast approximation methods for sales force deployment," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 411, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Xin Tang & Ameur Soukhal & Vincent T’kindt, 2014. "Preprocessing for a map sectorization problem by means of mathematical programming," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 222(1), pages 551-569, November.
- Andris A. Zoltners & Prabhakant Sinha, 2005. "The 2004 ISMS Practice Prize Winner—Sales Territory Design: Thirty Years of Modeling and Implementation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 313-331, September.
- F Caro & T Shirabe & M Guignard & A Weintraub, 2004. "School redistricting: embedding GIS tools with integer programming," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 55(8), pages 836-849, August.
- Balázs Fleiner & Balázs Nagy & Attila Tasnádi, 2017. "Optimal partisan districting on planar geographies," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 25(4), pages 879-888, December.
- Bernd Skiera & Sönke Albers, 1998.
"COSTA: Contribution Optimizing Sales Territory Alignment,"
Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 196-213.
- Skiera, Bernd & Albers, Sönke, 1996. "COSTA: Contribution optimizing sales territory alignment," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 408, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Federica Ricca & Andrea Scozzari & Bruno Simeone, 2013. "Political Districting: from classical models to recent approaches," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 204(1), pages 271-299, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCluster; Districting; Multi-criteria; Optimisation;
All these keywords.
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jqecon:v:14:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0030-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.