Less is more: increasing retirement gains by using an upside terminal wealth constraint
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Drew & Anup Basu & Alistair Byrnes, 2009. "Dynamic Lifecycle Strategies for Target Date Retirement Funds," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200902, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Van Weert, Koen & Dhaene, Jan & Goovaerts, Marc, 2010. "Optimal portfolio selection for general provisioning and terminal wealth problems," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 90-97, August.
- De Franco, Carmine & Tankov, Peter, 2011.
"Portfolio insurance under a risk-measure constraint,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 361-370.
- Carmine De Franco & Peter Tankov, 2011. "Portfolio Insurance under a risk-measure constraint," Papers 1102.4489, arXiv.org.
- J. Dhaene & S. Vanduffel & M. J. Goovaerts & R. Kaas & D. Vyncke, 2005. "Comonotonic Approximations for Optimal Portfolio Selection Problems," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(2), pages 253-300, June.
- Moshe Leshno & Haim Levy, 2002. "Preferred by "All" and Preferred by "Most" Decision Makers: Almost Stochastic Dominance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 1074-1085, August.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1999. "Risk Aversion or Myopia? Choices in Repeated Gambles and Retirement Investments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Hans-Martin von Gaudecker & Arthur van Soest & Erik Wengstrom, 2011.
"Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 664-694, April.
- Gaudecker, Hans-Martin von & van Soest, Arthur & Wengström, Erik, 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behaviour in a Broad Population," IZA Discussion Papers 4022, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- von Gaudecker, H.M. & van Soest, A.H.O. & Wengstrom, E., 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population," Discussion Paper 2009-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- von Gaudecker, H.M. & van Soest, A.H.O. & Wengstrom, E., 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population," Other publications TiSEM 0a7cd309-3b66-441c-bf79-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Abad, Pilar & Chuliá, Helena & Gómez-Puig, Marta, 2010.
"EMU and European government bond market integration,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2851-2860, December.
- Abad, Pilar & Chuliá, Helena & Gómez-Puig, Marta, 2009. "EMU and European government bond market integration," Working Paper Series 1079, European Central Bank.
- Hanqing Jin & Xun Yu Zhou, 2008. "Behavioral Portfolio Selection In Continuous Time," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 385-426, July.
- Greninger, Sue Alexander & Hampton, Vickie L. & Kitt, Karrol A. & Jacquet, Susan, 2000. "Retirement planning guidelines: a Delphi study of financial planners and educators," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 231-245, 00.
- Bodie, Zvi & Merton, Robert C. & Samuelson, William F., 1992.
"Labor supply flexibility and portfolio choice in a life cycle model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 427-449.
- Zvi Bodie & Robert C. Merton & William F. Samuelson, 1992. "Labor Supply Flexibility and Portfolio Choice in a Life-Cycle Model," NBER Working Papers 3954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Zhou, Zhongquan, 1996. "Equilibrium Analysis of Portfolio Insurance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1379-1403, September.
- Phelim Boyle & Weidong Tian, 2007. "Portfolio Management With Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 319-343, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Estefanía Alaminos & Mercedes Ayuso, 2015. "Methodological Approach of a Multiple State Actuarial Model for the Married - Widower case for the assessment of retirement and widowhood pensions," Working Papers 2015-04, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- Manuela Alcañiz & Aïda Solé-Auró, 2018. "Ageing and health-related quality of life: evidence from Catalonia (Spain)," Working Papers 2018-01, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- Mercedes Ayuso & Montserrat Guillen & Jens Perch Nielsen, 2019.
"Improving automobile insurance ratemaking using telematics: incorporating mileage and driver behaviour data,"
Transportation, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 735-752, June.
- Mercedes Ayuso & Montserrat Guillén & Jens Perch Nielsen, 2016. "Improving automobile insurance ratemaking using telematics: incorporating mileage and driver behaviour data," Working Papers XREAP2016-08, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2016.
- Mercedes Ayuso & Montserrat Guillén & Jens Perch Nielsen, 2017. "Improving automobile insurance ratemaking using telematics: incorporating mileage and driver behaviour data," Working Papers 2017-01, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- Lena Schutte, 2017. "Retirement Wealth under Fixed Limits: The Optimal Strategy for Exponential Utility," Papers 1712.00463, arXiv.org.
- Li, Yuying & Forsyth, Peter A., 2019. "A data-driven neural network approach to optimal asset allocation for target based defined contribution pension plans," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 189-204.
- Fahrenwaldt, Matthias A. & Sun, Chaofan, 2020. "Expected utility approximation and portfolio optimisation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 301-314.
More about this item
KeywordsPension; Savings; Annuity; Investment; Retirement planning;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bak:wpaper:201502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Montserrat Guillen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rskubes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.