Age differences in the reaction to incentives – do older people avoid competition?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anna Dreber & Emma Essen & Eva Ranehill, 2011.
"Outrunning the gender gap—boys and girls compete equally,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(4), pages 567-582, November.
- Dreber, Anna & von Essen, Emma & Ranehill, Eva, 2009. "Outrunning the Gender Gap – Boys and Girls Compete Equally," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 709, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 25 Mar 2011.
- Dreber, Anna & von Essen, Emma & Ranehill, Eva, 2009. "Outrunning the Gender Gap – Boys and Girls Compete Equally," SIFR Research Report Series 69, Institute for Financial Research.
- Dreber, Anna & Emma, von Essen & Ranehill, Eva, 2009. "Outrunning the Gender Gap – Boys and Girls Compete Equally," Research Papers in Economics 2009:17, Stockholm University, Department of Economics, revised 10 Feb 2011.
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth L. Leonard & John A. List, 2009.
"Gender Differences in Competition: Evidence From a Matrilineal and a Patriarchal Society,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1637-1664, September.
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth L. Leonard & John A. List, 2008. "Gender Differences in Competition: Evidence from a Matrilineal and a Patriarchal Society," NBER Working Papers 13727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth Leonard & John List, 2009. "Gender differences in competition: Evidence from a matrilineal and a patriarchal society," Artefactual Field Experiments 00049, The Field Experiments Website.
- Kovalchik, Stephanie & Camerer, Colin F. & Grether, David M. & Plott, Charles R. & Allman, John M., 2005.
"Aging and decision making: a comparison between neurologically healthy elderly and young individuals,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 79-94, September.
- Kovalchik, Stephanie & Camerer, Colin F. & Grether, David M. & Plott, Charles R. & Allman, John M., 2003. "Aging and decision making: A comparison between neurologically healthy elderly and young individuals," Working Papers 1180, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gary Charness & Marie Claire Villeval, 2007.
"Cooperation, Competition, and Risk Attitudes: An Intergenerational Field and Laboratory Experiment,"
- Charness, Gary & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2007. "Cooperation, Competition, and Risk Attitudes: An Intergenerational Field and Laboratory Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2574, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Müller, Julia & Schwieren, Christiane, 2012.
"Can personality explain what is underlying women’s unwillingness to compete?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 448-460.
- Müller, Julia & Schwieren, Christiane, 2011. "Can Personality Explain what is Underlying Women's Unwillingness to Compete?," Working Papers 0511, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Uri Gneezy & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Gender and Competition at a Young Age," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 377-381, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darwin Joseph R. & Palanisamy Chinnathambi Selvaraj, 2015. "The Effects of Work Force Diversity on Employee Performance in Singapore Organisations," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(2), pages 17-29, March.
More about this item
Keywordsaging; competition; social production functions; experiment; incentives;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-03-08 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2012-03-08 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2012-03-08 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-03-08 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2012-03-08 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-08 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:awi:wpaper:0522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabi Rauscher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/awheide.html .