Hysteresis and Duration Dependence of Financial Crises in the US: Evidence from 1871-2016
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boubakri, Salem & Couharde, Cécile & Raymond, Hélène, 2016.
"Effects of financial turmoil on financial integration and risk premia in emerging markets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 120-138.
- Salem Boubakri & Cécile Couharde & Hélène Raymond, 2016. "Effects of financial turmoil on financial integration and risk premia in emerging markets," Post-Print hal-01386052, HAL.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Asset returns and inflation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 115-146, November.
- Schwert, G William, 1990. "Stock Volatility and the Crash of '87," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 77-102.
- Ntantamis, Christos & Zhou, Jun, 2015. "Bull and bear markets in commodity prices and commodity stocks: Is there a relation?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 61-81.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2002.
"Characterization and Measurement of Duration Dependence in Hazard Rate Models,"
319, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf, 2003. "Characterization and Measurement of Duration Dependence in Hazard Rates Models," Memorandum 07/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Berg, G.J. & Ours, J.C., 1993.
"Unemployment dynamics and duration dependence in France, the Netherlands and the UK,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0038, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- van Ours, J.C. & van den Berg, G.J., 1994. "Unemployment Dynamics and Duration Dependence in France, the Netherlands and the UK," Other publications TiSEM 941b66a3-a3a7-4182-9d31-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- King, Gary & Roberts, Margaret E., 2015.
"How Robust Standard Errors Expose Methodological Problems They Do Not Fix, and What to Do About It,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 159-179, March.
- Gary King & Margaret E. Roberts, "undated". "How Robust Standard Errors Expose Methodological Problems They Do Not Fix, and What to Do About It," Working Paper 32225, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Daly, Kevin, 2008. "Financial volatility: Issues and measuring techniques," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(11), pages 2377-2393.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Freedman, David A., 2006. "On The So-Called "Huber-Sandwich Estimator" and "Robust Standard Errors"," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 60, pages 299-302, November.
- Lansing, Kevin J. & LeRoy, Stephen F., 2014. "Risk aversion, investor information and stock market volatility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 88-107.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Silgoner, Maria & Wörz, Julia, 2016. "Herding behavior of business cycle forecasters," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 23-33.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Lorenzo Giorgianni & Leonardo Bartolini, 1999. "Excess Volatility and the Asset-Pricing Exchange Rate Model with Unobservable Fundamentals," IMF Working Papers 99/71, International Monetary Fund.
- French, Kenneth R. & Roll, Richard, 1986. "Stock return variances : The arrival of information and the reaction of traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 5-26, September.
- Wu, Shue-Jen & Lee, Wei-Ming, 2015. "Predicting severe simultaneous bear stock markets using macroeconomic variables as leading indicators," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 196-204.
- Dionisio, Andreia & Menezes, Rui & Mendes, Diana A., 2007.
"On the integrated behaviour of non-stationary volatility in stock markets,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 58-65.
- Andreia Dionisio & Rui Menezes & Diana A. Mendes, 2006. "On the integrated behaviour of non-stationary volatility in stock markets," Papers cond-mat/0607478, arXiv.org.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-1153, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1988. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bentes, Sónia R. & Menezes, Rui & Mendes, Diana A., 2008.
"Long memory and volatility clustering: Is the empirical evidence consistent across stock markets?,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3826-3830.
- Sonia R. Bentes & Rui Menezes & Diana A. Mendes, 2007. "Long Memory and Volatility Clustering: is the empirical evidence consistent across stock markets?," Papers 0709.2178, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2008.
- Jouni Kuha, 2004. "AIC and BIC," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 33(2), pages 188-229, November.
- repec:ags:stataj:115948 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salem Boubakri & Cécile Couharde & Hélène Raymond, 2014. "Financial integration, financial turmoil and risk premia in emerging markets," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-52, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Roberto G. Gutierrez, 2002. "Parametric frailty and shared frailty survival models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(1), pages 22-44, February.
- Heckman, James J & Borjas, George J, 1980. "Does Unemployment Cause Future Unemployment? Definitions, Questions and Answers from a Continuous Time Model of Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 247-283, August.
- Economou, Fotini & Katsikas, Epameinondas & Vickers, Gregory, 2016. "Testing for herding in the Athens Stock Exchange during the crisis period," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 334-341.
- Markose, Sheri M & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2005. "The Generalized Extreme Value (GEV) Distribution, Implied Tail Index and Option Pricing," Economics Discussion Papers 3726, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Li, Wei-Shen & Liaw, Sy-Sang, 2015. "Return volatility interval analysis of stock indexes during a financial crash," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 434(C), pages 151-163.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & van Ours, Jan C, 1994. "Unemployment Dynamics and Duration Dependence in France, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 432-443, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1610.00259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.