Chinese Medical Device Market and The Investment Vector
China has attracted increasing amounts of foreign investment since it opened its doors to the world and whilst many analysts have focused on foreign investment in popular areas, little has been written about medical device investment. The purpose of this article is to analyze the status of the Chinese medical device market from the perspective of the healthcare industry and its important market drivers; the study reveals that the medical device market has significant growth potential. This article aims to identify and assess the profitable sectors of medical device technologies as a guide for international companies and investors.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xu, Weiwei & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M., 2013. "Consumer choice among Mutual Healthcare Purchasers: A feasible option for China?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 277-284.
- John Cantwell (ed.), 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment and Technological Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 1590.
- Fetscherin, Marc & Voss, Hinrich & Gugler, Philippe, 2010. "30 Years of foreign direct investment to China: An interdisciplinary literature review," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-246, June.
- Grimard, Franque & Laszlo, Sonia & Lim, Wilfredo, 2010. "Health, aging and childhood socio-economic conditions in Mexico," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 630-640, September.
- Smith, Richard D, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and trade in health services: A review of the literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(11), pages 2313-2323, December.
- Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Warner, David F. & Zeng, Yi, 2009. "Changing health status and health expectancies among older adults in China: Gender differences from 1992 to 2002," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2170-2179, June.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 393-407, March.
- Garcia-Diaz, Rocio & Sosa-Rub, Sandra G., 2011. "Analysis of the distributional impact of out-of-pocket health payments: Evidence from a public health insurance program for the poor in Mexico," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 707-718, July.
- Dummer, Trevor J.B. & Cook, Ian G., 2008. "Health in China and India: A cross-country comparison in a context of rapid globalisation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 590-605, August.
- Cohen, Boyd & Winn, Monika I., 2007. "Market imperfections, opportunity and sustainable entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 29-49, January.
- Hsiao, Frank S. T. & Hsiao, Mei-Chu W., 2004. "The chaotic attractor of foreign direct investment--Why China?: A panel data analysis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 641-670, August.
- Cheng, Yang & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wang, Wuyi & Yang, Linsheng & Li, Hairong, 2011. "Aging, health and place in residential care facilities in Beijing, China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 365-372, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1609.05200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.