A study of co-movements between USA and Latin American stock markets: a cross-bicorrelations perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Bonilla & Carlos Maquieira & Rafael Romero-Meza, 2008. "Nonlinear behaviour of emerging market bonds spreads: the Latin American case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(20), pages 2697-2702.
- Twm Evans & David G. McMillan, 2009. "Financial co-movement and correlation: evidence from 33 international stock market indices," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 215-241.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Apostolos Serletis & Anastasios Malliaris & Melvin Hinich & Periklis Gogas, 2012.
"Episodic Nonlinearity in Leading Global Currencies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 337-357, April.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Malliaris, Anastasios & Hinich, Melvin & Gogas, Periklis, 2010. "Episodic Nonlinearity in Leading Global Currencies," DUTH Research Papers in Economics 3-2010, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics.
- Brooks, Chris & Hinich, Melvin J., 1999. "Cross-correlations and cross-bicorrelations in Sterling exchange rates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 385-404, October.
- Hinich, Melvin J. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2007. "Episodic Nonlinear Event Detection in the Canadian Exchange Rate," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 68-74, March.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pericoli, Marcello & Sbracia, Massimo, 2005.
"'Some contagion, some interdependence': More pitfalls in tests of financial contagion,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1177-1199, December.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pericoli, Marcello & Sbracia, Massimo, 2002. "Some Contagion, Some Interdependence: More Pitfalls in Tests of Financial Contagion," CEPR Discussion Papers 3310, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris & Samitas, Aristeidis & Paltalidis, Nikos, 2011. "Financial crises and stock market contagion in a multivariate time-varying asymmetric framework," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 92-106, February.
- Rafael Romero-Meza & Claudio Bonilla & Melvin Hinich, 2007. "Nonlinear event detection in the Chilean stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(13), pages 987-991.
- Brooks, Chris & Hinich, Melvin J, 2001. "Bicorrelations and Cross-Bicorrelations As Non-linearity Tests and Tools for Exchange Rate Forecasting," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 181-196, April.
- Aloui, Riadh & Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane Ben & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2011.
"Global financial crisis, extreme interdependences, and contagion effects: The role of economic structure?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 130-141, January.
- Riadh Aloui & Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa & Khuong Nguyen Duc, 2010. "Global Financial Crisis, Extreme Interdependences, and Contagion E§ects: The Role of Economic Structure," Working Papers 15, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Hinich, Melvin J., 2008. "Nonlinear serial dependence and the weak-form efficiency of Asian emerging stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 527-544, December.
- Claudio Bonilla & Rafael Romero-Meza & Melvin Hinich, 2006. "Episodic nonlinearity in Latin American stock market indices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 195-199.
- Caramazza, Francesco & Ricci, Luca & Salgado, Ranil, 2004. "International financial contagion in currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 51-70, February.
- Czamanski, Daniel & Dormaar, Paul & Hinich, Melvin J. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2007. "Episodic nonlinearity and nonstationarity in Alberta's power and natural gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 94-104, January.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Jeon, Bang Nam & Li, Huimin, 2007. "Dynamic correlation analysis of financial contagion: Evidence from Asian markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1206-1228, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Semei Coronado & Omar Rojas, 2016. "A study of co-movements between oil price, stock index and exchange rate under a cross-bicorrelation perspective: the case of Mexico," Papers 1602.03271, arXiv.org.
- Romero-Meza, Rafael & Bonilla, Claudio & Benedetti, Hugo & Serletis, Apostolos, 2015. "Nonlinearities and financial contagion in Latin American stock markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 653-656.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:15:y:2018:i:4:p391-409 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAM-2015-04-02 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1503.06926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.