Optimal portfolios in commodity futures markets
We consider portfolio optimization in futures markets. We model the entire futures price curve at once as a solution of a stochastic partial differential equation. The agents objective is to maximize her utility from the final wealth when investing in futures contracts. We study a class of futures price curve models which admit a finite-dimensional realization. Using this, we recast the portfolio optimization problem as a finite-dimensional control problem and study its solvability.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Ivar Ekeland & Erik Taflin, 2003. "A theory of bond portfolios," Papers math/0301278, arXiv.org, revised May 2005.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
- Nathanael Ringer & Michael Tehranchi, 2006. "Optimal portfolio choice in the bond market," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 553-573, December.
- Benth, Fred Espen & Cartea, Álvaro & Kiesel, Rüdiger, 2008.
"Pricing forward contracts in power markets by the certainty equivalence principle: Explaining the sign of the market risk premium,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2006-2021, October.
- Fred Espen Benth & Alvaro Cartea & Ruediger Kiesel, 2006. "Pricing Forward Contracts in Power Markets by the Certainty Equivalence Principle: Explaining the Sign of the Market Risk Premium," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0611, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tomas BjÃrk & Andrea Gombani, 1999. "Minimal realizations of interest rate models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 413-432.
- Gibson, Rajna & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1990. " Stochastic Convenience Yield and the Pricing of Oil Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 959-976, July.
- Hans Buehler, 2006. "Consistent Variance Curve Models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 178-203, April.
- Tomas Björk & Lars Svensson, 2001. "On the Existence of Finite-Dimensional Realizations for Nonlinear Forward Rate Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 205-243.
- Björk, Tomas & Svensson, Lars, 1999. "On the Existence of Finite Dimensional Realizations for Nonlinear Forward Rate Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 338, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Björk, Tomas & Landen, Camilla, 2000. "On the construction of finite dimensional realizations for nonlinear forward rate models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 420, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Dennis Frestad & Fred Espen Benth & Steen Koekebakker, 2010. "Modeling Term Structure Dynamics in the Nordic Electricity Swap Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 53-86.
- Benth, Fred Espen & Koekebakker, Steen, 2008. "Stochastic modeling of financial electricity contracts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1116-1157, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1204.2667. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.