Optimal decision under ambiguity for diffusion processes
In this paper we consider stochastic optimization problems for an ambiguity averse decision maker who is uncertain about the parameters of the underlying process. In a first part we consider problems of optimal stopping under drift ambiguity for one-dimensional diffusion processes. Analogously to the case of ordinary optimal stopping problems for one-dimensional Brownian motions we reduce the problem to the geometric problem of finding the smallest majorant of the reward function in a two-parameter function space. In a second part we solve optimal stopping problems when the underlying process may crash down. These problems are reduced to one optimal stopping problem and one Dynkin game. Examples are discussed.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erik Ekstr\"om & Stephane Villeneuve, 2006.
"On the value of optimal stopping games,"
- Chudjakow, Tatjana & Riedel, Frank, 2010.
"The Best Choice Problem under Ambiguity,"
Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers
413, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Riedel, Frank, 2010. "Optimal Stopping under Ambiguity in Continuous Time," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 429, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Larry G. Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2001.
RCER Working Papers
485, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Frank Riedel, 2009. "Optimal Stopping With Multiple Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 857-908, 05.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez E., 2006. "A Class of Solvable Stopping Games," Discussion Papers 11, Aboa Centre for Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1110.3897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.