A Dynkin game on assets with incomplete information on the return
This paper studies a 2-players zero-sum Dynkin game arising from pricing an option on an asset whose rate of return is unknown to both players. Using filtering techniques we first reduce the problem to a zero-sum Dynkin game on a bi-dimensional diffusion (X; Y ). Then we characterize the existence of a Nash equilibrium in pure strategies in which each player stops at the hitting time of (X; Y ) to a set with moving boundary. A detailed description of the stopping sets for the two players is provided along with global C1 regularity of the value function.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andreas Kyprianou, 2004. "Some calculations for Israeli options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 73-86, January.
- De Angelis, Tiziano & Ferrari, Giorgio, 2014. "A stochastic partially reversible investment problem on a finite time-horizon: Free-boundary analysis," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 124(12), pages 4080-4119.
- de Angelis, Tiziano & Ferrari, Giorgio, 2014. "A Stochastic Reversible Investment Problem on a Finite-Time Horizon: Free Boundary Analysis," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 477, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Stéphane Villeneuve & Erik Ekstrom, 2006. "On the Value of Optimal Stopping Games," Post-Print hal-00173182, HAL.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Dayanik, Savas & Karatzas, Ioannis, 2003. "On the optimal stopping problem for one-dimensional diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 173-212, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:31754. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.