Variance Optimal Hedging for continuous time processes with independent increments and applications
For a large class of vanilla contingent claims, we establish an explicit F\"ollmer-Schweizer decomposition when the underlying is a process with independent increments (PII) and an exponential of a PII process. This allows to provide an efficient algorithm for solving the mean variance hedging problem. Applications to models derived from the electricity market are performed.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J., 2001.
"Regime Jumps in Electricity Prices,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2001-48-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- St\'ephane Goutte & Nadia Oudjane & Francesco Russo, 2012.
"Variance Optimal Hedging for discrete time processes with independent increments. Application to Electricity Markets,"
- Russo, Francesco & Oudjane, Nadia & Goutte, Stéphane, 2013. "Variance Optimal Hedging for discrete time processes with independent increments. Application to Electricity Markets," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11532, Paris Dauphine University.
- Damir Filipović & Stefan Tappe, 2008. "Existence of Lévy term structure models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 83-115, January.
- Arai, Takuji, 2005. "Some properties of the variance-optimal martingale measure for discontinuous semimartingales," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 163-170, September.
- Ernst Eberlein & Kathrin Glau & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2008. "Analysis of Fourier transform valuation formulas and applications," Papers 0809.3405, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2009.
- Fred Espen Benth & Jan Kallsen & Thilo Meyer-Brandis, 2007. "A Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Process for Electricity Spot Price Modeling and Derivatives Pricing," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 153-169.
- Marco Frittelli, 2000. "The Minimal Entropy Martingale Measure and the Valuation Problem in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.
- Thilo Meyer-Brandis & Peter Tankov, 2008. "Multi-Factor Jump-Diffusion Models Of Electricity Prices," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(05), pages 503-528.
- Takuji Arai, 2005. "An extension of mean-variance hedging to the discontinuous case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 129-139, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0912.0372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.