Variance optimal hedging for continuous time additive processes and applications
For a large class of vanilla contingent claims, we establish an explicit F\"ollmer-Schweizer decomposition when the underlying is an exponential of an additive process. This allows to provide an efficient algorithm for solving the mean variance hedging problem. Applications to models derived from the electricity market are performed.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takuji Arai, 2005. "An extension of mean-variance hedging to the discontinuous case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 129-139, January.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1997. " The Stochastic Behavior of Commodity Prices: Implications for Valuation and Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 923-73, July.
- Russo, Francesco & Oudjane, Nadia & Goutte, Stéphane, 2013.
"Variance Optimal Hedging for discrete time processes with independent increments. Application to Electricity Markets,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/11532, Paris Dauphine University.
- St\'ephane Goutte & Nadia Oudjane & Francesco Russo, 2012. "Variance Optimal Hedging for discrete time processes with independent increments. Application to Electricity Markets," Papers 1205.4089, arXiv.org.
- Arai, Takuji, 2005. "Some properties of the variance-optimal martingale measure for discontinuous semimartingales," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 163-170, September.
- Ernst Eberlein & Kathrin Glau & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2010. "Analysis of Fourier Transform Valuation Formulas and Applications," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 211-240.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Flavio Angelini & Stefano Herzel, 2007. "Measuring the error of dynamic hedging: a Laplace transform approach," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 33/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Thilo Meyer-Brandis & Peter Tankov, 2008. "Multi-Factor Jump-Diffusion Models Of Electricity Prices," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(05), pages 503-528.
- Stephan Denkl & Martina Goy & Jan Kallsen & Johannes Muhle-Karbe & Arnd Pauwels, 2009. "On the Performance of Delta Hedging Strategies in Exponential L\'evy Models," Papers 0911.4859, arXiv.org, revised May 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.1965. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.