Explicit formulas for the minimal variance hedging strategy in a martingale case
We explicitly compute the optimal strategy in discrete time for a European option and the variance of the corresponding hedging error under the hypothesis that the underlying is a martingale following a Geometric Brownian motion.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.amases.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/10203/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flavio Angelini & Stefano Herzel, 2007. "Measuring the error of dynamic hedging: a Laplace transform approach," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 33/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Jan Kallsen & Leszek Krawczyk, 2006. "Variance-optimal hedging for processes with stationary independent increments," Papers math/0607112, arXiv.org.
- Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996. "On the Mean-Variance Tradeoff in Option Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 233-263, June.
- Figlewski, Stephen, 1989. " Options Arbitrage in Imperfect Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1289-1311, December.
- Flavio Angelini & Marco Nicolosi, 2010.
"On the Effect of Skewness and Kurtosis Misspecification on the Hedging Error,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 39(3), pages 203-226, November.
- Flavio Angelini & Marco Nicolosi, 2008. "Hedging error in Lévy models with a Fast Fourier Transform approach," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 43/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Primbs, James A. & Yamada, Yuji, 2006. "A moment computation algorithm for the error in discrete dynamic hedging," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 519-540, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:decfin:v:33:y:2010:i:1:p:63-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.