Hedging through a Limit Order Book with Varying Liquidity
We relax the classical price-taking assumption and study the impact of orders of arbitrary size on price when the availability of liquidity is a concern in hedging. Our paper extends the earlier literature, suggesting that an environment with a permanent impact can be viewed as a special case with zero resilience, whereas an environment with a temporary impact can be viewed as a limit case with infinite resilience speed. Furthermore, our results hold for more general stochastic processes for the underlying asset: for example, for a generic Lévy process.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.rcfea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koichi Matsumoto, 2009. "Mean-Variance Hedging with Uncertain Trade Execution," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 219-252.
- Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1998.
"On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 67-84.
- Umut Çetin & H. Soner & Nizar Touzi, 2010. "Option hedging for small investors under liquidity costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 317-341, September.
- Jim Gatheral, 2010. "No-dynamic-arbitrage and market impact," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 749-759.
- RØdiger Frey, 1998. "Perfect option hedging for a large trader," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 115-141.
- Aur\'elien Alfonsi & Antje Fruth & Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal execution strategies in limit order books with general shape functions," Papers 0708.1756, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
- H. Mete Soner & Umut Cetin & Nizar Touzi, 2010. "Option hedging for small investors under liquidity costs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28992, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anna Obizhaeva & Jiang Wang, 2005. "Optimal Trading Strategy and Supply/Demand Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 11444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Jan Kallsen & Leszek Krawczyk, 2006. "Variance-optimal hedging for processes with stationary independent increments," Papers math/0607112, arXiv.org.
- Aurelien Alfonsi & Antje Fruth & Alexander Schied, 2010. "Optimal execution strategies in limit order books with general shape functions," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 143-157.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:12_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.