Update formulas for split-plot and block designs
For the algorithmic construction of optimal experimental designs, it is important to be able to evaluate small modi_cations of given designs in terms of the optimality criteria at a low computational cost. In this article, we propose update formulas for evaluating the impact of changes to the levels of easy-to-change factors and hard-to-change factors in split-plot designs as well as the impact of a swap of points between blocks or whole plots in block designs or split-plot designs.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen|
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Miller, Alan J., 1992. "A review of some exchange algorithms for constructing discrete D-optimal designs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 489-498, November.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Optimal designs for conjoint experiments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2369-2387, January.
- J. A. John & D. Whitaker, 2000. "Recursive formulae for the average efficiency factor in block and row-column designs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(3), pages 575-583.
- Bradley Jones & Peter Goos, 2007.
"A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating "D"-optimal split-plot designs,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 56(3), pages 347-364.
- JONES, Bradley & GOOS, Peter, "undated". "A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating D-optimal split-plot designs," Working Papers 2006006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Liu, Min-Qian, 2008. "An algorithmic approach to constructing mixed-level orthogonal and near-orthogonal arrays," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5269-5276, August.
- Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2001. "-optimal response surface designs in the presence of random block effects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 433-453, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2008022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.