Update formulas for split-plot and block designs
For the algorithmic construction of optimal experimental designs, it is important to be able to evaluate small modi_cations of given designs in terms of the optimality criteria at a low computational cost. In this article, we propose update formulas for evaluating the impact of changes to the levels of easy-to-change factors and hard-to-change factors in split-plot designs as well as the impact of a swap of points between blocks or whole plots in block designs or split-plot designs.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen|
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Liu, Min-Qian, 2008. "An algorithmic approach to constructing mixed-level orthogonal and near-orthogonal arrays," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5269-5276, August.
- J. A. John & D. Whitaker, 2000. "Recursive formulae for the average efficiency factor in block and row-column designs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(3), pages 575-583.
- Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2001. "-optimal response surface designs in the presence of random block effects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 433-453, October.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Optimal designs for conjoint experiments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2369-2387, January.
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Miller, Alan J., 1992. "A review of some exchange algorithms for constructing discrete D-optimal designs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 489-498, November.
- Bradley Jones & Peter Goos, 2007.
"A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating "D"-optimal split-plot designs,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 56(3), pages 347-364.
- JONES, Bradley & GOOS, Peter, . "A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating D-optimal split-plot designs," Working Papers 2006006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2008022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.