Avaliação De Políticas Comerciais Em Modelos De Equilíbrio Geral Com Pressuposições Alternativas Quanto Aos Retornos À Escala
This paper presents an applied general equilibrium model used to quantify the impacts of trade policies on Brazil and its trade partners, under alternative assumptions of constante returns and perfect competition and economies of scale and imperfect competition. The results suggest that the welfare impacts are larger when economies of scale and imperfect competition are modeled. The exploitation of economies of scale contributes to this result, through rationalization and pro-competitive effects on the Brazilian industries. Also, decreasing in comsumer prices and increasing in returns of primary factors are larger under assumptions of economies of scale and imperfect competition.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Tiradentes, 17 - Ingá Niterói, RJ 24210-510 Brazil|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- Gurgel, Ângelo Costa & Bitencourt, Mayra Batista & teixeira, Erly Cardoso, 2002. "Impactos dos Acordos de Liberalização Comercial Alca e Mercoeuro sobre os Países Membros," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 56(2), April.
- Richard Harris, 1983.
"Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition,"
524, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Harris, Richard, 1984. "Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1016-32, December.
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G., 2001. "Chile's regional arrangements and the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas : the importance of market access," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2634, The World Bank.
- Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Hunter, Linda, 1995. "Trade liberalization in a multinational-dominated industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 95-117, February.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2004:106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.