Shallow lake economics run deep: Nonlinear aspects of an economic-ecological interest conflict
Outcomes of the shallow lake interest conflict are presented in a number of different contexts: quasi-static and dynamic social planning, and quasi-static one-shot and repeated non-cooperative play. As the underlying dynamics are non-convex, the analysis uses geometrical-numerical methods: the possible kinds of solutions are efficiently classified in bifurcation diagrams
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 31 20 525 52 58
Fax: + 31 20 525 52 83
Web page: http://www.fee.uva.nl/cendef/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hein, Lars, 2006. "Cost-efficient eutrophication control in a shallow lake ecosystem subject to two steady states," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 429-439, October.
- Grass, D., 2012. "Numerical computation of the optimal vector field: Exemplified by a fishery model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1626-1658.
- Brock, W.A. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 2002.
"The repeated lake game,"
Other publications TiSEM
a501986b-df34-4bee-9a7b-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kiseleva, T. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2008. "Bifurcations of optimal vector fields in the shallow lake system," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-01, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Tahvonen, Olli & Salo, Seppo, 1996. "Nonconvexities in Optimal Pollution Accumulation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 160-177, September.
- Mäler, K-G. & Xepapadeas, A. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 2000.
"The Economics of Shallow Lakes,"
2000-69, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- W.A. Brock & D. Starrett, 2003. "Managing Systems with Non-convex Positive Feedback," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(4), pages 575-602, December.
- Dechert, W.D. & O'Donnell, S.I., 2006. "The stochastic lake game: A numerical solution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1569-1587.
- Salerno, Gillian & McDonald, Stuart & Beard, Rodney, 2007. "The political economy of shallow lakes," 2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand 10385, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hein, Lars & van Koppen, Kris & de Groot, Rudolf S. & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2006. "Spatial scales, stakeholders and the valuation of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 209-228, May.
- Kossioris, G. & Plexousakis, M. & Xepapadeas, A. & de Zeeuw, A.J. & Mäler, K-G., 2008.
"Feedback Nash equilibria for non-linear differential games in pollution control,"
Other publications TiSEM
40605796-65cd-476f-8e92-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kossioris, G. & Plexousakis, M. & Xepapadeas, A. & de Zeeuw, A. & Mäler, K.-G., 2008. "Feedback Nash equilibria for non-linear differential games in pollution control," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1312-1331, April.
- Wagener, F. O. O., 2003. "Skiba points and heteroclinic bifurcations, with applications to the shallow lake system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1533-1561, July.
- Dockner, E.J. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2008. "Markov-perfect Nash equilibria in models with a single capital stock (Revised version, August 2008)," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ams:ndfwpp:09-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cees C.G. Diks)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.