Sorting and Blending Under Quality Uncertainty: Application to Wheat Protein
Quality uncertainty is of considerable interest to the grain industry. In this paper, uncertainty is incorporated in a model of grain blending decisions. A mixed-integer, nonlinear optimization problem is developed. Simulations illustrate the effect of crop quality on blending decisions, and the effect of blending activities on the distribution of protein within a wheat marketing channel.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hennessy, David A. & Wahl, Thomas I., 1997.
"Discount Schedules and Grower Incentives in Grain Marketing,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10672, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy & Thomas I. Wahl, 1997. "Discount Schedules and Grower Incentives in Grain Marketing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 888-901.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Economics of Purifying and Blending, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5261, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, William W., 1986. "Competition in the International Wheat Market," Agricultural Economics Reports 23326, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Sivaraman, Eswar & Lyford, Conrad P. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2002. "A General Framework For Grain Blending And Segregation," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 20(2).
- Johnson, D. Demcey & Wilson, William W., 1993.
"Wheat Cleaning Decisions At Country Elevators,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:waeasa:36316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.