Do Taxes on Large Firms Impede Growth? Evidence from Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1991. "Prospects for Agricultural Land Taxation in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 493-511, September.
- Burgess, Robin & Stern, Nicholas, 1993. "Taxation and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 762-830, June.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Dan Bernhardt, 2000. "Enterprise, Inequality and Economic Development," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(1), pages 147-168.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Shah, Anwar & Slemrod, Joel, 1991. "Do Taxes Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 473-491, September.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1991. "Taxation of Financial Assets in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 513-533, September.
- Steel, W.F. & Webster, L.M., 1991. "Small enterprises under adjustment in Ghana," Papers 138, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Haggblade, Steven & Liedholm, Carl, 1992. "Agriculture, Rural Labour Markets and the Evolution of the Rural Non-farm Economy," 1991 Conference, August 22-29, 1991, Tokyo, Japan 183345, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1991. "Taxation of financial assets in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 651, The World Bank.
- Liedholm, Carl & Mead, Donald C., 1987. "Small Scale Industries in Developing Countries: Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications," Food Security International Development Papers 54062, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- R. Hirschowitz, 1989. "The Other Path: The Invisible Revolution in the Third World," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 57(4), pages 266-272, December.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- J. Clark Leith, 1974. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Ghana," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number leit74-1.
- Francis Teal, 1995. "Real wages and the demand for labour in Ghana's manufacturing sector," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leal-Ordoñez Julio C., 2014. "The informal sector in contemporary models of the aggregate economy," Working Papers 2014-24, Banco de México.
- Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura & Xu Yi, 2008.
"Macroeconomic Implications of Size-Dependent Policies,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 721-744, October.
- Xu Yi & Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura, 2005. "Macroeconomic Implications of Size Dependent Policies," 2005 Meeting Papers 530, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guner, Nezih & Ventura, Gustavo & Xu, Yi (Daniel), 2007. "Macroeconomic Implications of Size-Dependent Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gollin, Douglas, 2008.
"Nobody's business but my own: Self-employment and small enterprise in economic development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 219-233, March.
- Douglas Gollin, 2001. "Nobody's Business but My Own: Self Employment and Small Enterprise in Economic Development," Center for Development Economics 172, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Julio Cesar Leal Ordonez, 2014.
"Tax collection, the informal sector, and productivity,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(2), pages 262-286, April.
- Julio C. Leal-Ordoñez, 2013. "Tax Collection, The Informal Sector, and Productivity," Working Papers 2013-22, Banco de México.
- Julio Cesar Leal Ordonez, 2013. "Code and data files for "Tax collection, the informal sector, and productivity"," Computer Codes 11-242, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Ngotran, Duong & Ngo, Tien, 2013. "Retail Sector and Economic Development," MPRA Paper 61590, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2014.
- Leal Ordóñez, Julio C., 2010. "Informal sector, productivity, and tax collection," MPRA Paper 26058, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2010.
- Guner, Nezih & Ventura, Gustavo & Yi, Xu, 2006. "How costly are restrictions on size?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 302-320, August.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umedbu:7488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dcumnus.html .