Do Taxes on Large Firms Impede Growth? Evidence from Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Burgess, Robin & Stern, Nicholas, 1993. "Taxation and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 762-830, June.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Dan Bernhardt, 2000.
"Enterprise, Inequality and Economic Development,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(1), pages 147-168.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Lloyd-Ellis, Huw, 1993. "Enterprise, Inequality and Economic Development," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275227, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Dan Bernhardt & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 1993. "Enterprise, Inequality and Economic Development," Working Paper 893, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Shah, Anwar & Slemrod, Joel, 1991. "Do Taxes Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 473-491, September.
- Haggblade, Steven & Liedholm, Carl, 1992. "Agriculture, Rural Labour Markets and the Evolution of the Rural Non-farm Economy," 1991 Conference, August 22-29, 1991, Tokyo, Japan 183345, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- R. Hirschowitz, 1989. "The Other Path: The Invisible Revolution in the Third World1," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 57(4), pages 266-272, December.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- J. Clark Leith, 1974. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Ghana," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number leit74-1, June.
- Francis Teal, 1995. "Real wages and the demand for labour in Ghana's manufacturing sector," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1991. "Prospects for Agricultural Land Taxation in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 493-511, September.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1991. "Taxation of Financial Assets in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 513-533, September.
- Steel, W.F. & Webster, L.M., 1991. "Small enterprises under adjustment in Ghana," Papers 138, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1991. "Taxation of financial assets in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 651, The World Bank.
- Liedholm, Carl & Mead, Donald C., 1987. "Small Scale Industries in Developing Countries: Empirical Evidence and Policy Implications," Food Security International Development Papers 54062, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura & Xu Yi, 2008.
"Macroeconomic Implications of Size-Dependent Policies,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 721-744, October.
- Xu Yi & Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura, 2005. "Macroeconomic Implications of Size Dependent Policies," 2005 Meeting Papers 530, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guner, Nezih & Ventura, Gustavo & Xu, Yi (Daniel), 2007. "Macroeconomic Implications of Size-Dependent Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antón-Sarabia, Arturo & Hernández, Fausto, 2013. "VAT Collection and Social Security Contributions: Is There a Link?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4548, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Julio Cesar Leal Ordonez, 2014.
"Tax collection, the informal sector, and productivity,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(2), pages 262-286, April.
- Julio C. Leal-Ordoñez, 2013. "Tax Collection, The Informal Sector, and Productivity," Working Papers 2013-22, Banco de México.
- Julio Cesar Leal Ordonez, 2013. "Code and data files for "Tax collection, the informal sector, and productivity"," Computer Codes 11-242, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Bachas, Pierre & Fattal Jaef, Roberto N. & Jensen, Anders, 2019.
"Size-dependent tax enforcement and compliance: Global evidence and aggregate implications,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 203-222.
- Bachas,Pierre Jean & Fattal Jaef,Roberto N. & Jensen,Anders, 2018. "Size-dependent tax enforcement and compliance : global evidence and aggregate implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8363, The World Bank.
- Ngotran, Duong & Ngo, Tien, 2013. "Retail Sector and Economic Development," MPRA Paper 61590, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2014.
- Leal Ordóñez, Julio C., 2010. "Informal sector, productivity, and tax collection," MPRA Paper 26058, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2010.
- Leal-Ordoñez Julio C., 2014. "The informal sector in contemporary models of the aggregate economy," Working Papers 2014-24, Banco de México.
- Gaaitzen J. Vries, 2014.
"Productivity in a Distorted Market: The Case of Brazil's Retail Sector,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(3), pages 499-524, September.
- Vries, G.J. de, 2009. "Productivity in a Distorted Market: The Case of Brazil's Retail Sector," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-112, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Zachary Mahone & Filippo Rebessi, 2019. "Consumer Learning and Firm Dynamics," Department of Economics Working Papers 2019-08, McMaster University.
- Gollin, Douglas, 2008.
"Nobody's business but my own: Self-employment and small enterprise in economic development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 219-233, March.
- Douglas Gollin, 2001. "Nobody's Business but My Own: Self Employment and Small Enterprise in Economic Development," Center for Development Economics 172, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Guner, Nezih & Ventura, Gustavo & Yi, Xu, 2006. "How costly are restrictions on size?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 302-320, August.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umedbu:7488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dcumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.