Parametric And Non-Parametric Crop Yield Distributions And Their Effects On All-Risk Crop Insurance Premiums
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Turvey, Calum & Zhao, Jinhua, 1999. "Parametric And Non- Parametric Crop Yield Distributions and Their Effects on All-Risk Crop Insurance Premiums," Working Papers 244742, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Day, 1965. "Probability Distributions of Field Crop Yields," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 713-741.
- Gallagher, Paul W., 1986. "U. S. Corn Yield Capacity and Probability: Estimation and Forecasting with Non-Symmetric Disturbances," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10780, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carl H. Nelson & Paul V. Preckel, 1989. "The Conditional Beta Distribution as a Stochastic Production Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 370-378.
- Rulon D. Pope & Rod F. Ziemer, 1984. "Stochastic Efficiency, Normality, and Sampling Errors in Agricultural Risk Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(1), pages 31-40.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Testing the Stochastic Structure of Production: A Flexible Moment-based Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(3), pages 192-201, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lanoue, Christopher & Sherrick, Bruce J. & Woodard, Joshua D. & Paulson, Nicholas D., 2010. "Evaluating Yield Models for Crop Insurance Rating," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61761, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Woodard, Joshua D. & Chiu Verteramo, Leslie & Miller, Alyssa P., 2015. "Adaptation of U.S. Agricultural Production to Drought and Climate Change," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205903, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jing Wang & Feng Fang & Qiang Zhang & Jinsong Wang & Yubi Yao & Wei Wang, 2016. "Risk evaluation of agricultural disaster impacts on food production in southern China by probability density method," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 83(3), pages 1605-1634, September.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:71:y:2017:i:4:a:27375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Sangjun & Zhao, Jinhua & Thornsbury, Suzanne, 2013. "Extreme Events and Land Use Decisions under Climate Change in Tart Cherry Industry in Michigan," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150568, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vitor Ozaki & Barry Goodwin & Ricardo Shirota, 2008. "Parametric and nonparametric statistical modelling of crop yield: implications for pricing crop insurance contracts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 1151-1164.
More about this item
Keywordscrop insurance; crop yield distributions; kernel; Crop Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uguewp:34129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dagueca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.