Parametric And Non-Parametric Crop Yield Distributions And Their Effects On All-Risk Crop Insurance Premiums
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Turvey, Calum & Zhao, Jinhua, 1999. "Parametric And Non- Parametric Crop Yield Distributions and Their Effects on All-Risk Crop Insurance Premiums," Working Papers 244742, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Day, 1965. "Probability Distributions of Field Crop Yields," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 713-741.
- Gallagher, Paul W., 1986. "U. S. Corn Yield Capacity and Probability: Estimation and Forecasting with Non-Symmetric Disturbances," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10780, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carl H. Nelson & Paul V. Preckel, 1989. "The Conditional Beta Distribution as a Stochastic Production Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 370-378.
- Rulon D. Pope & Rod F. Ziemer, 1984. "Stochastic Efficiency, Normality, and Sampling Errors in Agricultural Risk Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(1), pages 31-40.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Testing the Stochastic Structure of Production: A Flexible Moment-based Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(3), pages 192-201, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lanoue, Christopher & Sherrick, Bruce J. & Woodard, Joshua D. & Paulson, Nicholas D., 2010. "Evaluating Yield Models for Crop Insurance Rating," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61761, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Woodard, Joshua D. & Chiu Verteramo, Leslie & Miller, Alyssa P., 2015. "Adaptation of U.S. Agricultural Production to Drought and Climate Change," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205903, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jing Wang & Feng Fang & Qiang Zhang & Jinsong Wang & Yubi Yao & Wei Wang, 2016. "Risk evaluation of agricultural disaster impacts on food production in southern China by probability density method," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 83(3), pages 1605-1634, September.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:71:y:2017:i:4:a:27375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Sangjun & Zhao, Jinhua & Thornsbury, Suzanne, 2013. "Extreme Events and Land Use Decisions under Climate Change in Tart Cherry Industry in Michigan," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150568, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vitor Ozaki & Barry Goodwin & Ricardo Shirota, 2008. "Parametric and nonparametric statistical modelling of crop yield: implications for pricing crop insurance contracts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 1151-1164.
More about this item
Keywordscrop insurance; crop yield distributions; kernel; Crop Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uguewp:34129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dagueca.html .