A Censored System Estimation Of Hispanic Household Food Consumption Patterns
A system of nine censored Engel curve equations was estimated for Hispanic households in the U.S.: grains, vegetables, fruits, milk, meat, legumes, fats, sugar, and beverages. Income and household size elasticities, with their respective confidence intervals, are reported and the results compared with other ethnic groups in the U.S.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602|
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeffrey H. Dorfman & Catherine L. Kling & Richard J. Sexton, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Reevaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(4), pages 1006-1017.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Dorfman, Jeffrey & Sexton, Richard, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Re-Evaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1582, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lanfranco, Bruno A. & Ames, Glenn C.W. & Huang, Chung L., 2000. "Food Expenditure Patterns Of The Hispanic Population In The U.S," Faculty Series 16718, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-371, July.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, April.
- Holcomb, Rodney B. & Park, John L. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 1995. "Revisiting Engel'S Law: Examining Expenditure Patterns For Food At Home And Away From Home," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(2), September.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762.
- Federico Perali & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2000. "Estimation of Censored Demand Equations from Large Cross-Section Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1022-1037.
- John L. Park & Rodney B. Holcomb & Kellie Curry Raper & Oral Capps, 1996. "A Demand Systems Analysis of Food Commodities by U.S. Households Segmented by Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 290-300. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ugeofs:16720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.