Policies, Natural Resource Governance and Local Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wuyts, Marc, 2001. "The Agrarian Question in Mozambique's Transition and Reconstruction," WIDER Working Paper Series 014, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Angela Lusigi & Colin Thirtle, 1997. "Total Factor Productivity And The Effects Of R&D In African Agriculture," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 529-538.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pender, John L., 1996. "Discount rates and credit markets: Theory and evidence from rural india," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 257-296, August.
- Sjaastad, Espen & Bromley, Daniel W., 1997.
"Indigenous land rights in sub-Saharan Africa: Appropriation, security and investment demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 549-562, January.
- Espen Sjaastad & DANIEL W. BROMLEY, 1996. "Indigenous Land Rights in Sub-Saharan Africa: Appropriation, Security and Investment Demand," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 391, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Espen SJAASTAD & Daniel W. BROMLEY, 1996. "Indigenous Land Rights In Sub-Saharan Africa: Appropriation, Security And Investment Demand," Staff Papers 391, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Fare,Rolf & Grosskopf,Shawna & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2008. "Production Frontiers," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521072069, August.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2000. "Why liberalization alone has not improved agricultural productivity in Zambia : the role of asset ownership and working capital constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2302, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus, 1995. "Collective agricultural production: A solution for transition economies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1317-1334, August.
- Yu, Bingxin & Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 2002. "Agriculture Productivity In Sub-Saharan Africa," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19816, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L., 1999. "A Generalized Distance Function And The Analysis Of Production Efficiency," Staff Papers 12601, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2002.
"Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-23.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2001. "Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-004, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Carter, Michael R., 1994. "Sequencing Capital And Land Market Reforms For Broadly Based Growth," Staff Papers 12689, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Shapiro, Kenneth H & Muller, Jurgen, 1977. " Sources of Technical Efficiency: The Roles of Modernization and Information," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 293-310, January.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1999.
"A Generalized Distance Function and the Analysis of Production Efficiency,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 294-318, October.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1999. "A Generalized Distance Function and the Analysis of Production Efficiency," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 422, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- de Meza, David & Gould, J R, 1992. "The Social Efficiency of Private Decisions to Enforce Property Rights," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 561-580, June.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- O'Laughlin, B., 2001. "Proletarianisation, agency and changing rural livelihoods : forced labour and resistance in colonial Mozambique," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19099, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- W. Briec, 1997. "A Graph-Type Extension of Farrell Technical Efficiency Measure," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey & Schupp, Alvin & Taylor, Gary, 1997.
"Factors Affecting Production Efficiency in a New Alternative Enterprise: The Case of the Ratite Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(02), pages 409-418, December.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Schupp, Alvin R. & Taylor, Gary, 1997. "Factors Affecting Production Efficiency In A New Alternative Enterprise: The Case Of The Ratite Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-10, December.
- K. Kalirajan, 1981. "An Econometric Analysis of Yield Variability in Paddy Production," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 29(3), pages 283-294, November.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Michael R. CARTER, 1994.
"Sequencing Capital And Land Market Reforms For Broadly Based Growth,"
379, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Michael R. Carter, 1994. "Sequencing Capital and Land Market Reforms for Broadly Based Growth," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 379, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- van Zyl, Johan & Binswanger, Hans & Thirtle, Colin, 1995. "The relationship between farm size and efficiency in South African agriculture," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1548, The World Bank.
- Pender, John & Jagger, Pamela & Nkonya, Ephraim & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2004. "Development Pathways and Land Management in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 767-792, May.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Ray, Subhash C, 1985. "Measurement and Test of Efficiency of Farms in Linear Programming Models: A Study of West Bengal Farms," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(4), pages 371-386, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Development; Political Economy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-09-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2009-09-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-09-05 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ufstpd:53061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauovza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.