Water Conservation in Irrigated Agriculture: Trends and Challenges in the Face of Emerging Demands
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Malcolm, Scott A. & Aillery, Marcel P. & Weinberg, Marca, 2009. "Ethanol and a Changing Agricultural Landscape," Economic Research Report 55671, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Peterson, Jeffrey M. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Williams, Jeffery R., 2003. "Conserving the Ogallala Aquifer: Efficiency, Equity, and Moral Motives," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(1).
- Janis M. Carey & David Zilberman, 2002. "A Model of Investment under Uncertainty: Modern Irrigation Technology and Emerging Markets in Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 171-183.
- Glenn D. Schaible, 1997. "Water Conservation Policy Analysis: An Interregional, Multi-Output, Primal-Dual Optimization Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 163-177.
- Glenn D. Schaible & C. S. Kim & Marcel P. Aillery, 2010. "Dynamic Adjustment of Irrigation Technology/Water Management in Western U.S. Agriculture: Toward a Sustainable Future," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(s1), pages 433-461, December.
- Marcel Aillery & Robbin Shoemaker & Margriet Caswell, 2001. "Agriculture and Ecosystem Restoration in South Florida: Assessing Trade-Offs from Water-Retention Development in the Everglades Agricultural Area," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 183-195.
- Kim, C. S. & Moore, Michael R. & Hanchar, John J. & Nieswiadomy, Michael, 1989. "A dynamic model of adaptation to resource depletion: theory and an application to groundwater mining," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 66-82, July.
- B. Delworth Gardner & Herbert H. Fullerton, 1968. "Transfer Restrictions and Misallocations of Irrigation Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 50(3), pages 556-571.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. L. Baumhardt & B. A. Stewart & U. M. Sainju, 2015. "North American Soil Degradation: Processes, Practices, and Mitigating Strategies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-25, March.
- Adusumilli, Naveen & Davis, Stacia & Fromme, Daniel, 2016. "Financial Evaluation of Irrigation Efficiency Improvement Practices in Row Crop Production in Louisiana," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229791, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hunsaker, D.J. & French, A.N. & Waller, P.M. & Bautista, E. & Thorp, K.R. & Bronson, K.F. & Andrade-Sanchez, P., 2015. "Comparison of traditional and ET-based irrigation scheduling of surface-irrigated cotton in the arid southwestern USA," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 209-224.
- Asci, Serhat & Borisova, Tatiana & VanSickle, John J., 2015. "Role of economics in developing fertilizer best management practices," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 251-261.
- Kovacs, Kent & Popp, Michael & Bryce, Kristofer & West, Grant, 2015. "On-Farm Reservoir Adoption in the Presence of Spatially Explicit Groundwater Use and Recharge," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(1), January.
- Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D. & Smith, S. Aaron, 2014. "Probability of Irrigated Corn Being Profitable in a Humid Region," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162470, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Li, Man & Xu, Wenchao & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2016. "Irrigation, Risk Aversion, and Water Rights under Water Supply Uncertainty," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235753, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Adusumilli, Naveen & Davis, Stacia & Fromme, Dan, 2016. "Economic evaluation of using surge valves in furrow irrigation of row crops in Louisiana: A net present value approach," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 61-65.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Majsztrik, John & Saavoss, Monica, 2014. "Willingness to Pay for Sensor-Controlled Irrigation," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 168211, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kovacs, Kent F. & Popp, Michael P. & Brye, Kristofor R., 2013. "Conserving Groundwater Supply in the Arkansas Delta using On-Farm Reservoirs," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142880, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D., 2014. "The impact of field size and energy cost on the profitability of supplemental corn irrigation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 61-69.
- Xu, Ying & Kovacs, Kent & Nalley, Lanier & Popp, Michael, 2015. "Investment in on-farm reservoirs to align economic returns and ecosystem services," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196778, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gautam, Tej K. & Paudel, Krishna P. & Guidry, Kurt M., 2017. "Willingness To Pay For Irrigation Water In Louisiana," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252821, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Njuki, Eric & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2016. "Measuring agricultural water productivity using a partial factor productivity approach," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246948, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Njuki, Eric & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2016. "Climatic Variability and Irrigation Water Efficiency in the United States: An Empirical Assessment of the 1987-2012 Period," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235555, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Unesco Unesco, 2015. "Water for a Sustainable World," Working Papers id:6657, eSocialSciences.
- Kovacs, Kent F. & Wailes, Eric J. & West, Grant & Popp, Jennie & Bektemirov, Kuatbay, 2013. "Optimal Spatial-Dynamic Management of Groundwater Conservation and Surface Water Quality with On-Farm Reservoirs," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162079, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sharp, Misti & Manning, Dale T. & Hoag, Dana, 2016. "Uncertainty and Technology Adoption with Imperfect Property Rights: Lessons from the Arkansas River Valley," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235963, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural water conservation; irrigated agriculture; irrigation effi ciency; water supply and demand; irrigation technologies; water management practices; water conservation policy; Environmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-10-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-10-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2012-10-20 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersib:134692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.