Do Income Support Programs Impact Producer Hedging Decisions? Evidence from a Cross-Country Comparative
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea E. Woolverton & Michael E. Sykuta, 2009. "Do Income Support Programs Impact Producer Hedging Decisions? Evidence from a Cross-Country Comparative," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 834-852.
References listed on IDEAS
- Knight, Thomas O. & Lovell, Ashley C. & Rister, M. Edward & Coble, Keith H., 1989.
"An Analysis Of Lenders' Influence On Agricultural Producers' Risk Management Decisions,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Knight, Thomas O. & Lovell, Ashley C. & Rister, M. Edward & Coble, Keith H., 1989. "An Analysis of Lenders' Influence on Agricultural Producers' Risk Management Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 21-33, December.
- Tomek, William G. & Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa, 2000. "Risk Management In Agricultural Markets: A Survey," 2000 Producer marketing and Risk Management Conference, January 13-14, Orlando, FL 19580, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- David J. Pannell & Getu Hailu & Alfons Weersink & Amanda Burt, 2008.
"More reasons why farmers have so little interest in futures markets,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 41-50, July.
- Pannell, David J. & Hailu, Getu & Weersink, Alfons & Burt, Amanda, 2007. "More Reasons Why Farmers Have So Little Interest in Futures Markets," Working Papers 9232, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- B. Wade Brorsen, 1995. "Optimal Hedge Ratios with Risk-Neutral Producers and Nonlinear Borrowing Costs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 174-181.
- Dismukes, Robert & Glauber, Joseph W., 2005.
"Why Hasn't Crop Insurance Eliminated Disaster Assistance?,"
Brazilian Journal of Rural Economy and Sociology (RESR),
Sociedade Brasileira de Economia e Sociologia Rural, June.
- Dismukes, Robert & Glauber, Joseph W., 2005. "Why Hasn't Crop Insurance Eliminated Disaster Assistance?," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, June.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996.
"Improving the Relevance of Research on Price Forecasting and Marketing Strategies,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 68-75, April.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996. "Improving The Relevance Of Research On Price Forecasting And Marketing Strategies," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(1), April.
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Brian D. Adams & Steven Betts & B. Wade Brorsen, 2000. "Effects of reduced government deficiency payments on post‐harvest wheat marketing strategies," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 243-263, March.
- Joaquín Arias & B. Wade Brorsen & Ardian Harri, 2000. "Optimal hedging under nonlinear borrowing cost, progressive tax rates, and liquidity constraints," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 375-396, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricome, Aymeric & Chaib, Karim & Ridier, Aude & Kephaliacos, Charilaos & Carpy-Goulard, Francoise, 2012. "The role of cash crop marketing contracts in the adoption of low-input practices in the presence of risk and income supports," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126222, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ricome, Aymeric & Chaib, Karim & Ridier, Aude & Kephaliacos, Charilaos & Carpy-Goulard, Francoise, 2016. "The Role of Marketing Contracts in the Adoption of Low-Input Production Practices in the Presence of Income Supports: An Application in Southwestern France," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:4:p:834-852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.