Imperfect Competition and Total Factor Productivity Growth in U.S. Food Processing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Azzeddine M. Azzam & Elena Lopez & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2002. "Imperfect Competition and Total Factor Productivity Growth in U.S. Food Processing," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 068, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanoch, Giora, 1975. "The Elasticity of Scale and the Shape of Average Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 492-497, June.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Wayne Gray, 1996. "The NBER Manufacturing Productivity Database," NBER Technical Working Papers 0205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gort, Michael & Sung, Nakil, 1999. "Competition and Productivity Growth: The Case of the U.S. Telephone Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 678-691, October.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Sanjib Bhuyan & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 1997. "Oligopoly Power in the Food and Tobacco Industries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 1035-1043.
- Olson, Dennis O. & Shieh, Yeung-Nan, 1989. "Estimating functional forms in cost-prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1445-1461, September.
- Rigoberto Lopez & Azzeddine Azzam & Carmen Lirón-España, 2002. "Market Power and/or Efficiency: A Structural Approach," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(2), pages 115-126, March.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1992. "Unraveling the Productivity Growth Slowdown in the United States, Canada and Japan: The Effects of Subequilibrium, Scale Economies and Markups," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 381-393, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua Aizenman & Eileen Brooks, 2008.
"Globalization and Taste Convergence: the Cases of Wine and Beer,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 217-233, May.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Brooks, Eileen, 2005. "Globalization and taste convergence: The cases of wine and beer," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt99j2n7rf, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Brooks, Eileen, 2005. "Globalization and taste convergence: The cases of wine and beer," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt99j2n7rf, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Eileen L. Brooks, 2005. "Globalization and Taste Convergence: The Case of Wine and Beer," NBER Working Papers 11228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Brooks, Eileen, 2005. "Globalization and taste convergence: The cases of wine and beer," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8bk1w5r9, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Sara Amoroso & Peter M. Kort & Bertrand Melenberg & Joseph Plasmans & Mark Vancauteren, 2010. "Firm Level Productivity under Imperfect Competition in Output and Labor Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3082, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chris Ross, 2011. "A Detailed Analysis of the Productivity Performance of the Canadian Food Manufacturing Subsector," CSLS Research Reports 2011-07, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Theofanis Papageorgiou & Panayotis G. Michaelides & John G. Milios, 2011. "Technology and economic fluctuations in the US food sector (1958-2006): An empirical approach from a political economy perspective," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 140-164, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Industrial Organization; Productivity Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uconnr:25147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.