Beef Producer Preferences And Purchase Decisions For Livestock Revenue Insurance Products
Personal interviews were conducted with 52 beef cattle producers in Louisiana to determine their preferences and purchase decisions for livestock revenue insurance. Conjoint analysis was utilized to determine the importance of selected attributes of insurance policies for these producers. The characteristics of producers who prefer given attributes were also identified. Producers rated products given four economic situations to evaluate. A two-limit tobit model was used to estimate the part worth utility values for each attribute. Univariate probit models were estimated to evaluate the influence of producer characteristics on purchase decisions.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Skees, Jerry R. & Harwood, Joy L. & Somwaru, Agapi & Perry, Janet E., 1998. "The Potential For Revenue Insurance Policies In The South," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Harrison, R. Wes & Özayan, Aylin & Meyers, Samuel P., 1998. "A Conjoint Analysis of New Food Products Processed from Underutilized Small Crawfish," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 257-265, December.
- Barry E. Prentice & Dave Benell, 1992. "Determinants of Empty Returns by U.S. Refrigerated Trucks: Conjoint Analysis Approach," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 40(1), pages 109-127, 03.
- Halbrendt, Catherine K. & Wirth, Ferdinand F. & Vaughn, Gerald F., 1991. "Conjoint Analysis Of The Mid-Atlantic Food-Fish Market For Farm-Raised Hybrid Striped Bass," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Jeffrey Gillespie & Gary Taylor & Alvin Schupp & Ferdinand Wirth, 1998. "Opinions of professional buyers toward a new, alternative red meat: Ostrich," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 247-256.
- Harrison, R. Wes & Ozayan, Aylin & Meyers, Samuel P., 1998. "A Conjoint Analysis Of New Food Products Processed From Underutilized Small Crawfish," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35089. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.